To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Northern Cincinnati, Ohio, OH
- T. J. Bugg
- Phone: 513-366-3769
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Manufacturing Engineering & Technical Resources
Centennial, Inc • Northern Cincinnati, Ohio, OH
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director of Manufacturing Engineering and Technical Resources
Key member of the corporate leadership team, leading overall technical organization of 8 direct reports and over 100 team members with the responsibility to plan, implement, and improve the manufacturing process and equipment from the view of the overall business in the manufacture of highly technical and sophisticated electronic Tier 1 automotive parts.
Develops, manages and strategically utilizes professional personnel to achieve the overall objectives of process, equipment reliability/improvements, facility management as well as the support of new product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages professional staff in the areas of Engineering, Facilities, Tool Room, Improvement, and Maintenance across 3 business units as described under “Supervisory Responsibilities" below.
- Understands business needs and sets target for the Technical Group.
- Activities include capacity evaluation and improvement, product launch activities, new line launches, and retool activities.
- Ensures resources are planned and available to support business requirements.
- Leads the Technical Group to ensure resources are shared and efficiently used.
- Understands, tracks, reports and sets targets for key performance indicators, including product launch timelines, operational availability, downtime, tooling cost, and facility support.
- Owns the capital budget and all related activities across 3 business units. Establishes budget and secures budget approval. Tracks performance to budget.
- Plans and implements projects, and suggests changes/modifications in working conditions to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
- Serves as a liaison between Manufacturing Engineering and Design Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Maintenance departments, etc., as well as outside suppliers and customers.
- Member of the Executive Team.
- Serves as a liaison between other business unities and entities on technical experience.
- Participates in improvement activities.
- Trains team members.
If you meet the requirements as contained in this description and enjoy leading a major diverse manufacturing engineering team in a vibrant, growing and forward thinking organization; enjoy being part of an engaged and talented global organization; then this is the role for you!
This position has a Highly competitive compensation structure including bonus and benefits!
This position is available IMMEDIATELY and all qualified candidates are welcomed to CONFIDENTIALLY apply to further explore this unique and excellent career opportunity. All resumes will be received as TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL and ALL qualified candidates will be contacted in an expeditious manner.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; developing succession and staffing plans, rewarding and disciplining employees’ and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university; or twelve years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of using Japanese equipment is preferable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to use Japanese is preferable.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to function in a team environment by working with, and cooperating with others.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in both written and oral forms with others.
- Should be pro-actively involved in the improvement process, and promote its use within the facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception, close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud.
Each submission will be considered as TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL and will be reviewed and given serious consideration! All qualified candidates will be immediately contacted.
Please attach your resume in WORD format via the "Apply Online" feature.
Visit WWW.CENTENNIALINC.COM to learn about all of Centennial, Inc.'s current career opportunities.
Since 1975, Centennial Inc. has been a leading provider of Talent Strategy and Strategic Recruiting Solutions TM. We bring time-tested principles, and cutting-edge practices, to help our clients recruit top leadership and professional talent. Our unique 4C TM recruiting process allows us to recruit and to satisfy corporate requirements more selectively and effectively through:
Competence: Does the candidate have the credentials, skills and experience needed?
Character: Does the candidate have the highest level of integrity to represent you and your organization?
Chemistry: Is there a true interpersonal connection between the candidate and team members?
Culture: Is there a true match between the candidate's professional/personal style that will enable him/her to be successful in the specific work environment?