To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franconia, VA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Genesis Logistics Inc. • Franconia, VA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
“You can make a difference at Genesis"
- Direct and supervise the scheduling of inbound/outbound shipments to ensure most economical utilization of carriers based on service parameters; interface with operations to resolve any problems associated with scheduling and dispatching; recommend programs to the director that improves the transportation function; and could include customs concerns
- Manage and meet with local carrier representatives to discuss base transportation related issues, monitoring carrier performance, and reviewing current practice versus potential improvements by changing carrier mode or mix
- Develop and implement a proactive track and trace process to insure all shipments are delivered in a timely manner; provide track and trace information to the customer is in a timely manner
- Develop and implement transition plans in support of a projected changing business model migrating from DC replenishment to POS delivery to the final end-user customers; develop service contingencies to support the entire supply chain
- Develop and maintain a productive staff by training, and professional development; match the skill and background of associates to the work required; apply sound communication and motivational techniques, to supervise, counsel, and discipline subordinates;
- Manage and administer the facility truck fleet by selecting drivers, equipment, dispatching, and performing maintenance, achieving expected service levels and managing costs
- Develop and operate an effective transportation information reporting system; ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding transportation operations; and develop additional and/or enhanced reports to support customer’s changing needs
- Provide transportation support and assistance to customers as needed; direct the receivers visitation program, including the furnishing of specific feedback to our customers
- Effectively communicate with associates, customers, and carriers in person, via PC, or via phone to accomplish necessary objectives
- To provide flawless execution of the transportation services to our customer
- Insure compliance to all regulatory issues within scope of service
- Minimum 2 years third party transportation experience in Dedicated Delivery Services operations
- Working knowledge of federal and state transportation regulations
- Experience with the transportation management function
- Communication, planning, and negotiating skills
- Experience with account management with a logistics organization (preferred)
- General management experience with emphasis on customer relations, staffing, organizing, motivating, supervising, and communicating (preferred)
Job Location: Alexandria, VA USA
Position Type: Full Time – Exempt (all supervisor associates are expected to work weekends and holidays). Second Shift