To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Schofield, WI
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Network Specialist
Wausau Supply Company • Schofield, WI
Posted 20 days ago
Travel - Negligible
Experience - At least 3 year(s)
Degree - 2 Year Degree
Building Materials, Other Great Industries
Information Technology, Professional Services, Other
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Wausau Supply Company (WSC) relies on technology to drive all aspects of the business. The Network Specialist role will support the Network and Systems Architects to provide level 1 and level 2 Information Technology (IT) network support across all technology platforms for both internal employees and external customers.
Duties to include, (but not limited to):
- Follow Incident and Request Management procedures to setup and configure network access connections.
- Perform initial problem identification, reproduction and resolution utilizing support tools, remote access, internet resources, internal documentation and peers support as appropriate.
- Document all troubleshooting efforts in support ticketing systems.
- Monitor and track incidents to ensure resolution occurs within customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Assists the IT Director in establishing network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Assists the IT Director in evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Assists the Network Architect in maintaining network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Plan regular maintenance tasks including updates and upgrades.
- Maintain current and accurate documentation of system configurations.
- Engage and contribute to long term IT projects as outlined by special project charters.
- Provide afterhours support on a rotational basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
An Information Technology Network Specialist will possess and/or demonstrate the ability to:
- Perform Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal.
- Provide first-rate assistance and solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent phone manner and interpersonal skills as well as developed oral and written communication skills.
- Remain highly organized, flexible and able to react well to immediate issues with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Manage time and prioritize work.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Motivated to go beyond the job description to ensure the work gets done.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper and Ruckus Network solutions a plus, but not required.
Education / Experience:
- Possess a minimum of a two-year degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of related post-graduate work experience.
Working Demands / Physical Requirements:
- General office conditions with continuous sitting with heavy computer usage.
- Occasional short-term out-of-town travel for educational purposes
- Afterhours support on a rotational basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
The IT Network Specialist will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with WSC. As an ESOP owner, acting with honor, integrity and positivity is an imperative. 100% uptime of the systems that allow for trucks to roll, phones to ring and product to ship is the IT Network Specialist prime objective. The IT Network Specialist reports to the Director of Information Technology.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.