To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
400 North Cole Road
Boise, ID 83704
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Interior Designer / Interior Design Sales Consultant
Ethan Allen Independent • Boise, ID
Posted 15 days ago
A-J Gallery of Boise, Inc, an Independent Ethan Allen Retailer since 1994, is seeking an Interior Designer/Interior Design Sales Consultant for our location located at 400 N Cole Rd. We are seeking individuals that possess proven sales success in a retail or home furnishings environment coupled with solid interior design skills. Combine your creative design capabilities with your sales talent to provide decorating solutions to our customers. Design Consultants work closely with the customer in the design center and at the customer's home to create individualized design solutions to sell Ethan Allen products and services.
We offer a competitive salary with commission on net written sales per fiscal month. If you are looking for a challenging, exciting, growth oriented environment, look no further!
The design consultant works closely with the customer in the design center and at the customer’s home to create individualized design solutions and to sell Ethan Allen furniture, accents, softgoods and other products and services exclusively. The designs include space planning, fabric coordination, product selection and overall project design. Successful execution is evidenced by developing individualized designs and achieving sales goals in a commission-based selling environment representing Ethan Allen products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to practice residential interior design including the ability to design and create projects using technical and creative skills in color and space planning.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach with demonstrated strong furniture and design sales experience, customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Proven experience with in-home consultative design service or related home furnishings and decor industry.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide own transportation to and from customer’s homes.
- A minimum of four (4) years, combined, practical interior design experience and interior design education; two (2) or four (4) year degree from an accredited institution
- Broad knowledge as an Interior Designer with interior design experience and effective sales techniques
- CQRID or NCIDQ certifications are a plus!
- Design and create projects using technical and creative skills in color and space planning.
- Create home furnishing design solutions by selling Ethan Allen products that are consistent with the customer’s preference and budget.
- Customarily and regularly (typically on a weekly basis) make home calls to evaluate the customer’s needs and provide a total individualized design solution that closes the interior design project and furniture sale.
- Professionally greet customers to establish rapport and obtain appointments and in-home consultations.
- Utilize corporate systems and technology to maximize efficiency in designing furniture projects, creating presentations and providing professional service for the design team’s customers.
- Enter and monitor orders utilizing the retail point of sale system.
- Educate customers about the complimentary design service Ethan Allen provides, offering as little or as much design service as a customer desires.
- Remain current on design and color trends to create fashionable design solutions.
- Coordinate with the team to provide exceptional service to customers, before and after the sale, by promptly keeping customers informed of their order status including any delays.
- Participate as required in all corporate sponsored marketing and training programs.