To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Support Analyst, Senior (Job #S23548)
University of Arizona • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Information Technology Services (ITS) unit provides Information Technology, Instructional Support and Campus Scheduling support at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus (PBC). This position is part of the IT team that supports 9 buildings on campus, 800 Staff & Facility, and approximately 2000 devices (computers, phones and peripherals). In addition, this team supports over 69 software applications with 8 being business critical to the daily campus operations. The team also supports 30 Windows Servers and a large enterprise storage unit.
The incumbent establishes and implements computer systems guidelines, procedures and standards to ensure high availability, optimal performance, and security of systems hardware and software as well as evaluates system capacity and plans for expansion. In addition, may act in one of the following roles: As a project manager, defines scope, plans, organizes and directs project teams involved in large and/or complex systems hardware and/or software projects. As a functional team coordinator, schedules, monitors, guides and participates in installing, configuring, analyzing, monitoring and maintaining systems software, hardware and related applications systems. Participates in installing, configuring, analyzing, monitoring and maintaining systems software, hardware and related applications systems.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gathers, analyzes, interprets and presents information technology and business information for strategic planning and/or operational purposes. Researches current and emerging technologies and makes recommendations regarding the purchase of hardware and software.
- Installs, configures, administers, monitors and/or supports the unit\‘s data and voice networks including client connectivity, authorization and authentication mechanisms. Identifies user networking needs. Optimizes unit\’s network availability and performance.
- Conducts user software needs analysis and plans, designs, analyzes, implements and maintains applications solutions.
- Researches, develops, designs, implements, and maintains web sites and associated databases and user interfaces. Conducts web site needs analysis and consults with users regarding accessibility, usability and aesthetic appeal of web sites.
- Documents and analyzes complex business systems and processes. Identifies user information technology needs. Designs, revises, optimizes and implements automated systems to meet unit needs.
- Installs, configures and maintains workstation hardware, software and peripherals. Evaluates workstation support needs; plans and implements maintenance, upgrades and training programs. Resolves workstation computer hardware/software problems.
- Implements and monitors computer security and quality assurance procedures. Maintains associated required documentation.
- May manage projects of limited scope or portions of large/complex projects. May guide technical staff on a project basis.
- Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices in area of assignment that may include systems administration, network systems administration, applications design/development, database design/development or administration, web site design/development, business analysis and/or workstation/end user support.
- Skill in providing information technology related customer service to users having varying levels of technical expertise.
- Skill in analyzing computer hardware and software problems.
- Skill in conducting business and information technology needs analysis.
- Skill in optimizing the performance of computer systems.
- Skill in managing projects.
- Skill in working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Five years of progressive information technology experience in area of assignment which may include systems administration, network systems administration, applications design/development, database design/development or administration, web site design/development or administration, business analysis and/or workstation/end user support.;
Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related area AND four years of progressive information technology experience in area of assignment which may include systems administration, network systems administration, applications design/development, database design/development or administration, web site design/development, business analysis and/or workstation/end user support;
Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience with Windows Active Directory environment, including developing, securing, and troubleshooting GPOs.
- Prior experience providing information technology support in an academic environment.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Enterprise Applications in large distributed environment.