To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Prairie, TX
- Ronnye Steele
- Phone: 817-701-2194
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Sports Media Specialist
FYI Television now part of Ericsson • Grand Prairie, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BASIC PURPOSE: The Sports Media Specialist will ensure that all of FYI Television’s sports media needs, including promotional imagery, showcards, event stills, entity images, etc. are being met. Through the use of reports, press site updates, departmental projects and FYI Television initiatives, they will seek out the most up-to-date and complete sports related media information, satisfying the needs of FYI Television and its clients.
The following responsibilities will be fulfilled under the direction of the Media Acquisition Team Leader, or, if unavailable, the Image Production Team Leader, as assigned:
- Apply a variety of research techniques, such as contacting new and existing contacts, and usage of approved internet press sites to acquire any missing sports media imagery, including: athlete and announcer headshots, showcards, team and event logos, live event stills, etc.
- Develop a working relationship with points of contact in league, team, and station offices to obtain up-to-date high quality media content prior to and after sporting events.
- Working with the Sports Content Team, create a Sports Calendar, detailing FYI’s image coverage for all upcoming sporting events. Identify, acquire, and map any missing program and episode level media.
- Utilize the FYI Reporting Software to identify any missing media content for assigned sports stations.
- Utilize FYI’s internal press list, “Media Master List 2016," to identify assignments and station information.
- Using the department’s standards manual, “Media Content Department Work Processes Guide," save and organize imagery into the Media Content image database and associate all acquired imagery to sports programming and sports entities within FYI’s proprietary software.
- Maintain documents and report on projects, directives and assignments through requests of the Media Acquisition Team Leader and the Media Content/Data Acquisition Manager.
- Responsible for providing daily and weekly Media Logs, status reports and individual project tracking numbers to the Media Acquisition Team Leader, the Image Production Team Leader and the Media Content/Data Acquisition Manager.
- Notify the Media Acquisition Team Leader of any issues or setbacks regarding workflow or assignment completion in order to ensure that any problems can be managed in a timely manner.
- Complete all weekly assignments on time, including but not limited to: Station Updates, Sports Calendar, Sports Best Bets, etc.
- Handle any projects designed to enhance the Media Content image database for specific FYI Television client’s needs as assigned by the Media Acquisition Team Leader or the Media Content/Data Acquisition Manager.
- Follow and remain up-to-date with all of the Media Content procedures as defined in the “Media Content Department Work Processes Guide."
- Demonstrate and maintain the ability to work with daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and goals.
- Remain current on any FYI Television Policies or procedures.
- Maintain a complete and up-to-date knowledge of FYI’s proprietary software programs, the Media Manager and Editing Software.
- Understand the connection of program and entity data between the Editing Software and the Media Manager.
- Apply critical thinking to determine any programming issues that may affect your duties and forward any issues to the Media Acquisition Team Leader.
- Other duties may be assigned at the request of the Media Acquisition Team Leader or the Media Content/Data Acquisition Manager.
Reports: The following reports and assignments should be completed each week by their designated completion time. If any of these reports cannot be completed for whatever reason, notify, by email, the Media Acquisition Team Leader.
Sports Best Bets: All images for Sports Best Bets should be downloaded, saved and transferred to the H: Drive by the end of day Wednesday.
Sports Calendar: Compile every Monday for a two week period, download and map missing sports media by Wednesday.
Weekly Sports Reports: On Mondays run and compile sports station reports to identify and acquire missing sports imagery. Complete by Friday.
Weekly Summary: Submit a weekly summary every Friday to the Media Acquisition Team Leader and the Image Production Team Leader.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
High attention to detail
Strong communication skills
Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook and Excel
Highly organized and motivated to excel
Works well in a team environment
- Solid analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
You may also submit your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]