To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hauppauge, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Service Desk Technician II
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC • Hauppauge, NY
Posted 11 days ago
Travel - Up to 25%
Experience - At least 1 year(s)
Degree - 2 Year Degree
Accounting - Finance, Other Great Industries
Information Technology, Installation - Maint - Repair, Professional Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Service Desk Technician II is responsible for being a primary support contact for computer end-users regarding computer, software and printer problems as well as managing issues and general computer support for NorthStar Financial Services, LLC (“NFS") and all of its associated subsidiaries. In addition, this position will work on long term technical projects. In addition, this position ensures all activities performed adhere to ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) and protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of customer data by participating in annual information and network security training acceptance spot checks on an ad hoc basis guaranteeing constant improvement of NorthStar Financial Services and its subsidiaries.
SERVICE DESK SUPPORT
- Answers service desk calls and manages SalesForce cases for all employees and resolves issues meeting customer satisfaction requirements and within required Service Level Agreement (SLA) parameters
- Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting for all PCs, Macintosh’s, projectors and printers
- Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting for all non-proprietary business software and applications – i.e. Windows, iOS, Office, Adobe, etc.
- Sets-up and supports technology platforms for meetings, employee trainings and quarterly meetings
- Supports disaster recovery testing and procedures for Security and Network Operations
- Works with facilities manager to assist with employee hardware moves, adds and changes
- Trains new employees on computer and phone procedures
- Leads specific Service Desk projects to include definition, ownership, goal setting and completion of defined task within given time and budget constraints
HARDWARE ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Installs and configures new and reallocated PC and Mac computer with required operating system using manual and automated software systems
- Maintains hardware asset inventory lists according to insurance, accounting and ISO requirements
SOFTWARE ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Installs and configures non-proprietary applications using manual and automated software systems
- Maintains software asset and license inventory according to insurance, accounting and ISO requirements
- Processes all PC and Mac related purchase requests using SalesForce, Expense Watch and appropriate workflow and quoting tools
- Updates software asset and license inventory according to insurance, accounting and ISO requirements
- Maintains inventory of and purchasing required for printer toner and printer maintenance kits
- Processes security access request including user moves/adds/changes, new hires, transfers, terminations, password reset/unlocks and email and security group membership 5%
- Delivers and retrieves offsite backup tapes and related media
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
- Daily contact with all levels of employees regarding service desk support or hardware/software management
- Knowledge on setting up, maintaining and installing printers
- Knowledge and understanding of Apple products
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
- Ability to effectively express technical information to nontechnical employees
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn new software and technologies
- Proficient user skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Beginner to intermediate skills in Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Microsoft Office 2003/2007, Adobe, and work ticket tracking software
- Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Effective organization and problem solving skills
- Associate's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Network Technology required
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Network Technology preferred
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification a plus
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) a plus
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in a service desk capacity
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working with software/hardware installation and configuration
- Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Travel is required up to 25% and may require occasional/frequent weekend and evening work, including overnight travel.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.