To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Associate Mechanical Engineer
BuroHappold Engineering • San Francisco, CA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Since opening in 2010, our San Francisco office has delivered world-class projects like the Transbay Transit Center - providing over 45 million people per year with a convenient and effective multimodal transit hub. We're now looking for an entrepreneurial, energetic and creative Associate to join our team and take our San Fran office to greater heights.
It was famed San Fran journalist Herb Caen who once said; "One day if I go to heaven, I'll look around and think 'it ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco'". Here at BuroHappold, we're equally passionate about one of the worlds most celebrated cities. We're now looking for a talented and driven engineer who will join our team to truly establish ourselves in the San Francisco market. Taking a key role in strategically positioning ourselves and being an agent of growth, we're looking for someone who is engaged and engaging.
Business Development & Work Winning
- Work with the Managing Partner and Business Development & Marketing team to identify the offices marketing goals and establish an associated plan.
- Winning work – actively identifying and converting leads to projects within the framework of the San Francisco marketing strategy.
- Dynamic focus on new business in the West Coast market, broadening coverage of high quality clients and projects across a range of market sectors.
- Promoting BuroHappold’s integrated services to potential clients.
- Reviewing financial and technical submissions/proposals; attending interviews.
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships under all circumstances, maximizing opportunities for repeat business.
- Overseeing and mentoring all levels of staff so that the team is delivering a high quality of work.
- Ensure latest learning and development initiatives are implemented as required within the team.
- Champion delivery of the company’s Performance and Development Review process in support of all the above.
- Support the management of reward and recognition of the team.
- Continually looking at ways to develop BuroHappold's integrated services offering from the San Francisco office and how we can firmly establish ourselves in the market.
- Project Leader for appropriate group projects, taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Delivering a risk managed portfolio; working within agreed capital lock up parameters.
- Maintain appropriate understanding of prevailing policies and technical innovations applying in the architectural engineering industry.
What are we looking for?
- A creative, innovative individual with an enthusiasm for leading teams to create and deliver simple, effective solutions to complex problems.
- Pragmatic approach, someone who is happy to take the lead in challenging situations.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior role within MEP for an architectural engineering consultancy.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or relevant degree.
- P.E, professional engineer.
- LEED AP accredited preferred.