To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Plumbing Engineer
BuroHappold Engineering • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every building presents unique fire safety challenges and BuroHappold Engineering hascontinually created pioneering plumbing and fire protection designs that provide simple, yet robust, public health solutions for our clients. From the Los Angeles County Museum of Art Expansion and beyond, our projects challenge our engineers technically and creatively. Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
Los Angeles, one of the world's most diverse, creative, exciting and unique cities, is a natural home to BuroHappold's distinct approach to creativity and innovation in the built environment. Our engineers work with some of the world's leading architects to deliver sophisticated design solutions, like the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures - one of the most complex structures being built in the U.S. today. Are you ready to leave your mark on the City of Angels and beyond?
We're looking for a talented Senior Engineer to join our dynamic and diverse team, leading design for plumbing and fire protection across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US. Strong communication skills and team work are essential to life at BuroHappold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project and development opportunities.
What will you be doing?
- Production of coordinated detailed design specifications.
- Written reports and site surveys.
- Organizing technical and financial proposals for new work.
- Managing financial performance of jobs.
- Managing and coordinating engineers and technicians.
- Design of above ground sanitary/waste and rainwater drainage systems.
- Design of below ground drainage systems and domestic hot and cold water services in fire protection services.
What are we looking for?
- Professional Engineer.
- 5 - 10 years of plumbing and fire protection engineering.
- Clear evidence of an ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of US and international projects.
- Relevant Bachelor degree (BEng) / BSc or Master degree (MEng) / MSc
- Ideally, the candidate will also be LEED AP Accredited
What can we offer?
- The opportunity to work on some of the most exciting, creatively and technically complex projects being constructed on the West Coast today.
- Career progression and development - we want to upskill you in areas which you'd like to grow and develop.
- A dynamic and innovative working environment, with a strong social scene and start of the art offices in Downtown LA.
- A competitive benefits package, including 20 days of paid time off.