To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
- Tia Coles, Sourcing Specialist
- Phone: 470-769-7857
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Associate Manager
Arrow Electronics, Inc. • Dallas, TX
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Transportation Associate Manager I supervises a team in the Asset Value Recovery group along with some direct responsibility for functional work. This role will manage a dispatch team and support the company fleet, including the driver workforce, ensuring that all state and federal regulations are being met and will be a key contributor to improving processes and performance of the transportation team. This position guides and instructs direct reports; provides performance feedback and training. The perfect candidate would be a self-motivated analytical thinker with fleet operations management experience and skills that would drive results with little to no supervision.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Plan, organize, direct, and participate in logistics operations which consist of reverse logistics, forward logistics, international shipments, and inter-company transfers.
- Ensure proper routing and maximization of our private fleet on a daily execution basis.
- Responsible for international shipping initiatives for the company.
- Ability to manage a team of dispatchers in regards to strategic transportation duties and initiatives.
- Train both dispatch team and fleet drivers on new processes, adjusted processes, or on-boarding.
- Responsible in making sure all proper paper work, BOLS, and documentation is collected and uploaded to our internal systems in a timely manner.
- Conduct performance reviews for the dispatch team.
- Assist the Fleet Supervisor in various trainings, analysis, and company initiatives.
- Responsible for addressing, monitoring, and resolving any container shortages “pooled inventory management". Secured containers are used in our network for secured pickups at client sites.
- Maintain routing guide for our processing plant network.
- Research and resolve issues as it pertains to freight charges, pick up issues, missing or damaged assets, etc.
- Ensure all federal and state DOT regulations are met
- Proactively manage area of responsibility to ensure profitability and take steps to correct as needed
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, managing and motivating the dispatch workforce through utilization of reporting and analytics.
- Ensure KPIs are met and take steps to correct as needed to drive efficiency
- Provide ongoing thought leadership to drive profitability and growth in the business
- Responsible for training, troubleshooting on fleet technology (Xata / XRS)
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a logistics or transportation company working directly with fleet operations functions
- Proficient experience with TMS platform such as Mercy Gate, Lean Logistics, etc or order management system.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Prior management or supervisory experience
- Must have in-depth experience in international shipping both importing and exporting.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality results within tight deadlines by prioritizing, identifying roadblocks, and collaborating with colleagues and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to proactively identify, address, and prevent potential issues
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and effectively with limited supervision
- Attention to detail with high standards of accuracy and review
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload of team
- Demonstrated ability to present and effectively communicate with Sr. Management
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing demands; thrives in dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills