To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
- Natalie Kress
- Phone: 716-636-0070
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
TxMQ, Inc. • Buffalo, NY
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, an Engineered to Order manufacturer in NY is searching for a highly qualified Development Engineer for their growing organization. This is an opportunity to join a leading designer and international manufacturer serving world class companies across the globe!
REPORTING TO: Director of Engineering
- The Development Engineer will oversee the conception and design of processing equipment.
- The primary responsibility of the development engineer is to create a product design that fulfills the client's strategic goals while integrating the needs of marketing, sales and manufacturing departments. They create design concepts, lead testing procedures and draft specifications for manufacturing.
- Support individual customers by providing engineering expertise during the quotation phase (initially) and ensuring a smooth transition into design engineering upon receipt of an order. They may meet with customers and would work closely with the Sr. Tech and AE during quote/sale processes.
- The Development Engineer would help ensure feasibility of concept, use of relevant reference jobs, review of estimates, etc. so that orders can be executed smoothly.
- The Development Engineer will create the path from concept to design, and may serve as the PE when an order is received. Part of their time would be devoted to working with Tech/AE group on proposals.
- Primary duties for the Development Engineer include identifying the needs and goals for a new product, from function to aesthetics. They often coordinate with market researchers and materials suppliers to evaluate market needs, existing competition and potential costs.
- The Development Engineer then creates a design using computer-aided design software and fabricates models that can be tested. They experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process. After refining and reviewing initial designs, product development engineers deliver specifications and procedures to manufacturing teams who can then begin production.
- In collaboration with Sales, Project Engineering, Applications, and The Technology Team review project requirements, technical specifications, and reference drawings to prepare layouts for parts/sub-assemblies from concept phase through detailed design & drawings
- Perform FEA analysis, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, statics and strength of material calculations. Utilize knowledge about design considerations for heat resistant alloys.
- Evaluate equipment & make suggestions regarding design improvements.
- Lead small to large sized new product development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the Development of industrial equipment.
- Must possess mechanical knowledge of custom OEM equipment, machines, and components including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with high temperature materials, welding, weld symbols, fabrication (especially large structural equipment), sheet metal, and mechanical drive components necessary.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology and the ability to apply that knowledge to custom, innovative design concepts.
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems, such as Inventor.
- Knowledge of best practice design techniques such as DFM, GD&T, etc. with an ability to read and interpret technical drawings. Experience creating and interpreting P&ID drawings a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills with a focus on providing excellent customer service. Strong commitment teamwork and integrating information from multi-disciplined teams.
- Strong “hands on" bias. Enjoys building large and complex equipment. Propensity to take things apart to figure out how they work. Curious by nature.
- Up to 25% travel required-both domestic & international
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions