To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Prairie, TX
- Ronnye Steele
- Phone: 817-701-2194
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
FYI Television now part of Ericsson • Grand Prairie, TX
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Writers Needed ($12.00 - $14.00/hour)
While entry-level positions start at $12.00 per hour, there will be many opportunities for new employees to make between $13.00 - $14.00 per hour as accuracy levels and speed increase with knowledge of the position, software and computer systems.
Looking for applicants to write television program and movie descriptions within the company’s software program. The ideal writer is required to have an inherent knowledge, background and/or education necessary to produce work at a high quantity and quality upon being hired.
The Descriptions Team is responsible for taking official television program synopses provided by official sources and rewording them into the FYI ‘Voice,’ following a robust set of Associated Press (AP) and company mandated editorial standards to create original, objective wording that are put into five (5) unique variable-length descriptive fields (250, 160, 80, 40 and 20 characters) for every program. In addition, writers must often perform online research for reviews and third-party information on titles to come up with the most unique, accurate and appropriately concise synopses’ possible.
Writers also perform weekly tasks in cooperation with other departments in the company to highlight the most highly rated and critically noteworthy programs airing each week, a feature known as “Best Bets" that is used in national, regional and local Electronic Program Guides (EPG) and Print Client products.
Candidates should provide a resume and 2-3 relevant writing samples.
Applicants must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Capable of finding or establishing structure where none was apparent
- Adept at improving clarity and readability
- Flawless at grammar, punctuation, and usage (with experience following a style guide)
- Able to write quickly and accurately. At the same time.
- Skilled in a variety of approaches, from explaining to persuading to story-telling
- Skilled at understanding and supporting business and communications objectives in writing projects
- Able to follow directions and work smoothly as part of a diverse, global team - but also to work independently and manage your own time
- Comfortable writing within a structured format, even when the inputs are numerous and come from multiple stakeholders
- Able to "wing it" and find your own way in new situations, and adjust quickly when requirements change
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Discretionary Days
- 401(k) program available after 1 year of employment
- Business Casual dress code
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Excellent work life balance
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks
You may also submit your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]