To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Kevin Kintzele
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Assistant
SetPoint Consultants • Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SetPoint Consultants is a national recruitment firm specializing in the Title, Mortgage, Real Estate, Banking, Financial and Customer Service industry. We are currently recruiting for a Human Resources Assistant for a growing real estate services firm in St. Petersburg.
The candidate we are looking for only has to have 1 year plus of experience in this role. We are more interested in finding a candidate with an outgoing positive personality that can be easily trained. This is a tremendous opportunity for a motivated person to further advance their career and eventually become a Human Resources Generalist with our client.
Starting salary for the position is $17.00-$21.000/hr.
Human Resources /HR Assistant:
Administers human resources policies and procedures that pertain to employee relations and adherence to conduct policies. Acts as a resource for communicating and providing employee relations guidance based on policies and procedures and federal and state laws regarding employment practices. You will begin by working under an offsite HR Manager which will help train on any areas that are foreign to you.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Addresses employee relations matters, investigate, where appropriate, and provide appropriate recommendations. Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within HR field. State and Federal employment law understanding is preferred.
- Builds strong working relationships, demonstrate a high-level of integrity, and establish a proactive approach to customer service.
- Provides guidance and support in administering human resources policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and provides necessary documentation and research to support unemployment hearings, court and/or legal claims, etc.
- Reviews, updates and provides recommendations relative to HR policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Eventually will participate as a presenter in New Employee Orientation and other employee trainings.
- Reviews and keeps complete and accurate employee files.
- Investigates and responds to employee complaints and grievances.
- Assists legal as needed with information for EEOC charges.
- Provides guidance to operations on employee relations issues.
- Prepare responses for unemployment claims.
- Review all termination information for accuracy and completeness.
- Assists in administering and DEVELOPING employee incentive programs, including: service awards program and special incentive contests
- Assists with compiling and investigating exit surveys.
- Assists in compiling and distributing results for the company new hire survey information.
- Provides backup in administering the FMLA/Limited Leaves and in maintaining compliance with government regulations and company policy.
- Develop and lead offsite employee recognition/bonding activities
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a very exciting industry with a company with fabulous management who values every employee.
This position will fill quickly, so don't delay in submitting your resume for review.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
1-2 years of Human Resources or Employee Relations preferred.
Commensurate work experience may be substituted for education.
Knowledge of basic human resource principles and practices.
Excellent verbal, written and investigative skills a must.
Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Positive attitude and strong work ethic necessary.
Computer literate including working knowledge of Excel.