To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
GEEKS ON SITE • Chicago, IL
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a 1099 independent contractor position - tech is responsible for tools, having their own vehicle and vehicle maintenance. We will cover expenses for gas in excess of 30 miles, and other site related expenses. Techs are compensated for time on-site and parts purchased for customers.
• 2 years minimum full-time experience providing tech support
• Office suite; Word, Excel, & Outlook, etc
• Configuring email accounts using Outlook and Outlook Express
• In depth knowledge and usage of Windows operating systems
• PC imaging and configuration
• TCP/IP, Routers, WAPs, Wireless, and other networking devices
• Spyware / adware removal tools as well as antivirus programs
• Savvy with search engine techniques
• Tech must be comfortable with all facets of PC and laptop hardware setup and maintenance; including installation and configuration of hard drives, NIC's, printers, and other PC accessories.
• Experience with Mac is preferred, but not required
• Technician will apply skills described above in resolving clients’ issues
• Troubleshoot software
-Re-installation of OS
-Removal of viruses/malware
- Software upgrades and installation
• Troubleshoot hardware & network issues
• PC Imaging and configuration
• Troubleshoot and set up peripherals
• Helping end users understand software
• Call clients’ vendors for warranty and troubleshooting issues
$25 to $35/hr for time spent at client sites; 1 hour minimum for each job, plus commission