To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ocean County, NJ
- Elyce Murillo
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant (Bank)
Linium Resources • Ocean County, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Travel - None
Experience - 4 to 9 years
Degree - Graduate Degree
$75,000.00 - $80,000.00 /Year
Performance-based bonus, benefits
Accounting - Finance, Banking - Financial Services
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Large, fast growing regional bank in Ocean County, NJ seeks a Senior Accountant.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Prepare internal financial and operating statements for managerial review in accordance with established accounting policies and practices.
- Support system processing of general ledger and account reconciliations.
- Assist management in the assurance that adequate records are maintained of all assets, liabilities, and transactions according to generally accepted accounting principals.
- Coordinate the processing of monthly journal entries from various areas of the bank to facilitate reporting period close.
- Process systematic processing of prepaid, accruals and monthly accounting entries.
- Act as resource/support for various assigned bank/general ledger reconciliation and adjustments regarding research issues and questions and guide workflow.
- Analyze monthly results including researching unusual activity to ensure accuracy and validity in reporting. .
- Assist processing of Accounts Payable system including 1099s, ACH and maintaining third party vendor processing.
- Assist external auditors in collection, review of bank accounting records
- Facilitate daily accounting function related to proofs and reporting for branch, support and servicing departments and subsystem application activity.
- Direct bank/general ledger reconciliation process.
- Support maintenance of Prologue System Product Suite including reporting and hierarchy structure. Responsibilities include advance system knowledge to address accounting and reporting issues related to the system.
- Assist in user training, compiling and preparation of annual budget.
- Assists in preparation of monthly Board reports.
- Perform various accounting record keeping re: Equity and Tax roll forward and Stock transactions.
- Maintain fixed asset accounting records and reporting; prepares related depreciation and accrual schedules; processes applicable journals.
- 4-6 years of accounting experience within a banking environment.
- Knowledge of bank operations and accounting systems heavily preferred.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.