To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Joseph, MO
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
BlueScope Buildings • US-Regional-Midwest
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BlueScope Buildings has an immediate need for a Manufacturing Engineer/Maintenance in our St. Joseph, MO facility.
BlueScope Buildings Inc., a leading manufacturer of pre-engineered metal building solutions with 18 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
The Manufacturing Engineer is accountable to the Plant Manager to provide manufacturing engineering support for the achievement of facilities operating plans, objectives and for the control of capital expenditures.
- Troubleshoot hydraulics, electrical, and pneumatics.
- Assist EH&S manager to assure compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, or other applicable regulations regarding the facility. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with work instructions, job safety analyses and lock out/tag out instructions.
- Develop, implement and control the annual assigned facilities plan.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests including justification for request, present and proposed methods and return on investment calculations.
- Review, purchase, schedule, coordinate and assist in the installation/transfer of new and used equipment.
- Evaluate and propose capital expenditures required to support facility production and cost improvement plans.
- Develop and maintain records on plant equipment layouts, utilities, and communications. The Manufacturing Engineer is wholely responsible for maintaining and updating all facility layouts.
- Plan and supervise the installation of capital projects.
- Assist Maintenance to develop and review preventative maintenance tasks and frequencies for all manufacturing, facilities and mobile equipment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of major maintenance projects.
- Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or 7+ years in related field.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting hydraulics, electrical, and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes and capabilities.
- Successful project management experience.
- Experience managing projects totaling more than $500,000/year.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Drafting.