To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carmel, IN
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Support Technician
Expedient • Carmel, IN
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Expedient is a cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) provider with local operations in Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Memphis, TN; and Pittsburgh, PA. Converged solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on strategic business innovation, while a talented team of experts handles operating the information technology needed to support it. Learn more about us at expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is a customer-focused company with a stellar reputation for culture. Check out our employee reviews on Glassdoor.com.
As a result of continued growth, we are hiring for an IT Support Technician in our Carmel, IN data center in our Indianapolis market. This full-time position will be responsible for monitoring the systems, networks and services as well as taking requests, fielding job tickets and responding to questions from Expedient customers.
This is a great tier 1 job opportunity for someone looking to get hands-on experience in a data center/networking/virtualization environment and start a career in IT with growth potential and professional development opportunities. This position operates a schedule of Sunday to Tuesday alternating Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Sponsorship is NOT provided.
There will be occasions where weekend coverage or shift back-up is needed. A key component to this position's responsibilities is to have flexibility in scheduling so that if there is a need for back-up coverage, this position would be one that could provide coverage.
- Process and prioritize incoming customer phone calls, emails and job ticket questions and/or requests for service-related assistance
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and problems/resolutions including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network and facility conditions
- Check in customers to provide them with physical access to their servers and equipment using a strict level of security protocol
- Communicate with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience and industry technical certifications (CCNA, CCENT, MCSE, CompTIA A+, etc.)
- Demonstrated level of competency with internet technologies including:
- Principles of networking, Cisco, Juniper
- Windows operating system
- Familiarity with basic UNIX commands
- DNS and WEB services
- Experience in a technical support or helpdesk role requiring customer support
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Professional and strong verbal communication skills to present a professional "appearance" to our customers
- Ability to cover weekends or call-offs as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments and to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting - frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavyweight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and server hardware
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We place an extremely high value on life-long learning, therefore we make education and training available to everyone through a very robust tuition and training reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. We foster a forward-thinking, collaborative culture and provide a comfortable environment with casual dress code ~ and we stock our kitchens with free snacks and beverages for our employees.
To apply, please submit your resume, letter of interest and your salary expectations. By including a cover letter with your resume, you will increase your chances of being interviewed as it explains what specific skills you bring to the position and enhances the information in your resume.
To view our website, learn about our company and view other job opportunities, please check us out at expedient.com
Expedient is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting a drug-free workplace.