To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cleveland, OH
- Tim Ulrey
- Phone: 800-690-3280
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Principal Engineer: Injection Molding
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Cleveland, OH
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Principal Engineer, Injection Molding
Relocation Opportunity: Will discuss location on the phone.
Company: Our client is a leading manufacturer of injection molded proprietary products. This company is a leader in their market, and their products are highly innovative. You will be the resident molding and plastics expert, and will be responsible for specification of materials, ensuring appropriate tooling designs, working closely with both internal and external suppliers and resources to manufacture or source tooling and launch products into production. The exact location is confidential, as are the products at the outset of our communication.
Principal Molding Engineer Responsibilities.
- The Principal Engineer will be responsible for all plastics related projects and will be responsible for them “cradle-to-grave"; from design to introduction into manufacturing, scale-up, full production, and throughout the product lifecycle.
- The Principal Molding Process Engineer will manage the introduction of new products and associated tooling, or transferred tooling into manufacturing.
- Specify tooling requirements, and manage tooling design and development; including cavitation, tool material, runners, gating, texture and other critical areas – working closely with tooling manufacturing sources.
- The Principal Engineer will ensure that appropriate SOP’s or Work Instructions are developed for existing products.
- You will work in concert with production and maintenance personnel both internally and with suppliers to deliver new or enhanced products.
- The Principal Molding Process Engineer coordinates all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and governmental regulations and any specific agency or industry regulations/requirements..
Principal Molding Process Engineer Qualifications
- BS Plastics Engineering, BSME, BS Ch-E or similar 4 year degree is mandatory.
- The Principal Molding Process Engineer should have 5 years of Process Engineering and Product Development Engineering with a manufacturer of Injection Molded products.
- Strong Hands-On injection molding processing and troubleshooting ability using scientific approach such as DOE, gained through at least 5 years of experience in this area.
- Strong injection molding tooling design and manufacturing knowledge, with previous experience managing critical tooling projects.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing new product development projects; launching and scale up new product lines; bringing projects in-house; and introducing onto the plant floor.
- Well rounded plastics industry knowledge (maybe blow molding and extrusion, too) with the ability to identify and specify which materials and processes are well-suited to various potential products.
- Strong experience creating SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) Work instructions, and continuous improvement (5-S, 6-Sigma, lean)