To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Villa Rica, GA 30180
- Tim Ulrey
- Phone: 800-690-3280
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Plant Engineer: Plastic Extrusion
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Villa Rica, GA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FOR PLASTIC EXTRUSION PROFESSIONALS ONLY - niche job, other experience will not be considered.
SR. PLANT EXTRUSION ENGINEER – Rigid 'Consumer Outdoor' Extrusions
- Direct hire w/ relocation and benefits and solid 401K
- Pays to $105K base + bonus
This is an interesting “jack of all trades" engineering leadership position. Our client is a manufacturer of profile extruded products supplied to the consumer outdoor and building materials markets (siding, decking, custom decorations, etc.). They are looking for a strong engineer who has been responsible “cradle to grave" for extruded products. So they are looking for strong design experience (tooling and product), strong processing experience, and strong tuning/development and implementation onto the plant floor. You will have exposure to all new products and most improvement projects. Your input will be critical.
Plant Extrusion Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Extrusion Engineer will be responsible for extrusion projects from design to product launch and continual improvement. This will include improvements in material formulations, tooling, and equipment.
- Tooling design, fixtures, and new equipment.
- Successfully introduce new extruded products, including heavy involvement in design, extrusion and fabrication tooling, materials and material development,
- Coordinate continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
- Coordinate all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and government regulations.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, BSChem-E, BS Polymer Science, BS Materials Science, BS Plastics Engineering, BS Rubber Engineering (Ferris State)
- OR 10+ years of specifically rigid plastic extrusion experience.
- 4+ years of pertinent extrusion-based experience
- 5 years of functional and HANDS-ON Extrusion Engineering and product development experience within polymer extrusion processes such as Window Profiles, Fence, Decking, Pipe, or custom profile extrusions.
- The Extrusion Engineer will have extremely strong knowledge of extrusion industry capital equipment and tooling; and the ability to specify such equipment.
- Sufficient polymer knowledge to understand formula modifications and their prospective impact on the end product.
- Experience with agency approvals and product testing to meet specifications.
- Experience with formal continuous improvement tools such as lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 sigma.