To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1776 Eastchester Road
Bronx, NY 10461
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Health Care Analyst
Affinity Health Plan • Bronx, NY
Posted 17 days ago
Affinity Health Plan, an independent, growing, not-for-profit managed care company designed specifically to serve the needs of low-income New Yorkers, needs a Sr. Health Care Analyst who will provide advanced analytic support to executives and senior management related to corporate-wide strategic decision-making. The Senior Analyst will perform complex analytical work including collecting, integrating, analyzing, interpreting, organizing and presenting disparate information, including working on the most demanding analytical projects.
As part of your responsibilities, you will:
- Develop financial models and methodological approaches with respect to cost management, network performance, new business developments, contract negotiations & rate setting, regulatory requirements, fraud & abuse and process improvement.
- Conduct break-even, cost-effectiveness and forecasting studies, support financial reconciliations, and identify areas for financial control.
- Apply concepts and tools of health care economics to enhance understanding of utilization, cost trends, quality, and performance patterns across the networks and products.
- Develop methods for consistency and validity checking to assure that data is accurate and meaningful.
- Write and implement SQL program code that extracts appropriate data subsets. This includes identifying appropriate tables and fields, creating and defining variables, and determining relevant levels of aggregation. Use supplemental software tools (e.g., MS Access, Excel) as needed to achieve analytic results defined in project plans.
- Prepare regression and predictive analysis of health care data using SAS to identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Identify and address expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on the analytic outcome and associated business decisions.
- Relate analytic findings to business questions and objectives. This includes learning to integrate information from multiple sources, discern implications for future analysis and identify opportunities for enhancing the integrity of Affinity’s data and reporting systems.
- Prepare clear and well-organized project-specific documentation to reflect analytic methods used, key decision points, caveats, etc. with sufficient detail to support comprehension and replication of the analysis.
- Work with management and other analytic staff to provide key inputs into the development of interim and final presentations of project results, tailored to specific audience needs, including graphic, tabular, written and oral summary of findings.
- Assure that data elements are reported consistently with other reports.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Apply these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
Minimum of BA/BS degree, Masters preferred
Four to six years of analytical, technical, and financial experience
Relevant health care experience and understanding of managed care concepts
Must have the analytical and technical tasks necessary to execute each phase of an analysis including methodological design and data integration
Technical proficiency encompasses an understanding of relational databases and large data structures as well as the ability write SQL program code. Advanced proficiency in using SAS and SQL to organize, manipulate, and analyze data.
Ability to learn quickly
Ability to translate data into clear and meaningful reports or presentations
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to work independently
Proficient in MS Access, MS Excel, SQL, and Crystal Reports
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in this position, please respond by completing an online application by going to our Affinity Career Center and clicking on “Register". We are an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer. Only qualified applicants will receive a response.
No agency responses, please.