To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, KS
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Specialist
Morgan Hunter • Kansas City, KS
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations. Our client has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Specialist.
The HR Specialist administers company policies, procedures and programs and a wide variety of human resource duties and responsibilities. The HR Specialist carries out primary responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/selection, company benefit leaves (FMLA, WC, STD, and LOA) in compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
HR Specialist responsibilities include:
- Administers the recruitment, selection, and on-boarding processes related to hiring new employees.
- Administers all processes related to employing temporary workers.
- Administers the FMLA process.
- Administers the benefit leave process in accordance with HIPAA, FMLA and WC, as well as administering STD and LTD claims in line with company policies and procedures.
- Administers the Worker’s Compensation claims process.
- Assists in compiling and analyzing relevant data information for government related reports.
- Conducts training as needed.
- Ensures compliance with existing federal and state employment laws and regulations.
HR Specialist requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
- Three or more years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions, including experience in recruitment, benefits administration, FMLA administration, administration of leave benefits and other HR programs.
- Two years of payroll experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), HRIS systems, and applicant tracking systems.