To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
- Natalie Kress
- Phone: 716-636-0070
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technology Center Engineer
TxMQ, Inc. • Buffalo, NY
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Technology Center Engineer
Our client, an Engineered to Order manufacturer in NY is searching for a highly qualified Engineer for their Technology Center for their growing organization. This is an opportunity to join a leading designer and international manufacturer serving world class companies across the globe!
REPORTING TO: Director of Technology
OBJECTIVE: Conducts [with help from technicians] process trials for potential customers of processing systems. Effectively communicate results of laboratory work in timely, well-organized written and oral formats. Provides leadership in a laboratory facility, in a manner that provides seamless operation in a safe, world class environment. Leads in the design of test set up and experimental work to help customers develop new materials and processes on an industrial scale.
- Lead and coordinate laboratory testing from the inquiry/proposal stage through testing, reporting and material disposition.
- Includes scheduling testing, procuring materials, creating timelines and action items, ensuring that drawings, materials, parts, etc. are received, designing the test, documenting test results, reporting results, disposing of material, coordinating payments and reporting on budgets.
- Actively participate in the investigation of technological advancements or new technologies and provide conceptual or practical applications for these technologies within the business units .
- Use critical thinking skills to determine if a test is appropriate for the company/business, examine potential technological gaps in our equipment and/or processes as they relate to the test.
- Review MSDS information, conduct safety meetings, and otherwise take full responsibility for the safe operation of the facility, before, during and after a test.
- Monitor equipment maintenance and wear and tear, budget for, order and oversee installation of new equipment and parts and needed.
- Interact with Sales to understand & evaluate client specifications/requirements.
- Coordinate with Sales to prepare proposals inclusive of all necessary specifications / information.
- Provide the coordination between Sales, Applications, and Engineering to accommodate customer specifications and provide technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering, material science or related field
- Familiarity with multiple engineering disciplines (electrical, process, materials, mechanical) ideal.
- Must have industrial scale testing equipment design experience preferably in an R&D/ product development setting.
- Understanding of high temperature processes essential
- Must possess high degree of technical depth and creativity
- Exceptional people and project management skills
- Solid understanding of the practical application of engineering fundamentals (from a “1stprincipals" perspective)
- Strong “hands on" bias" with mechanical adeptness.
- Experience in running industrial lab experiments, to include handling of hazardous materials, safety compliance, etc.
- Must possess the following “soft" skills"
- Comfort & ability to deal with ambiguity
- Commercial savvy
- Good judgment
- Above average written communication abilities, including proposal and lab writing skills
- Mechanical knowledge of custom OEM equipment, machines, and components including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance highly desired.
- Familiarity with high temperature materials, welding, weld symbols, fabrication (especially large structural equipment), sheet metal, and mechanical drive components ideal.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Industrial and high temp processing laboratory with a variability in work hours potentially depending on the testing being conducted. Have been times when coming in off shift when specific testing is being conducted.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions