To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
711 Fox Street
Mukwonago, WI 53149
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Project Engineer - Value Engineering
AptarGroup, Inc • Mukwonago, WI
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Project Engineer – Value Engineering
Location: Mukwonago, WI
The Project Engineer – Value Engineering focuses on product lines for global/platinum customers for proactive cost savings and sustainability. Investigates and performs Design of Experiments (DOE) on lead ideas for effective technologies or processes that offer enhancements to current practices of molding, raw materials or handling of materials or parts. Develops timelines ensuring that project goals meet Customer, Marketing, and Aptar’s requirements. Exhibits ability to communicate clearly, using both verbal and written skills. Displays clear leadership skills in working with Customers, Suppliers and Aptar’s Operations to ensure successful execution of assigned projects.
- Researches technologies to identify new materials or processes that improve the value of the component. This should include an end to end investigation. Write RFQ’s with functional descriptions for automation equipment.
- Conduct cost investigations to document the ROI including capital investment, system changes, and improved costs- cycle time, mold life, material benefits.
- Responsible for setting plans to test project into success. Design criteria established, conducts FMEA's with assistance from other related areas.
- Ensure that projects result in products which meet Customer, Marketing and Aptar’s requirements using personal skills and industry knowledge.
- Identifies, evaluates and implement actions that will not alter product integrity but offer measurable and sustainable savings through (but not limited to) materials, design, process or packaging.
- Ensure that the specific needs and constraints of the Aptar’s Operations group are effectively addressed during project execution
- Serves as a vital and effective communication link between Customers and the Team.
- Interface effectively with Customers, Suppliers, and Aptar’s Operations group on both project and general dispensing closures technical matters.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required to carry out job requirements
- Work with Marketing, Customers, Suppliers and other relevant sources to identify, research, develop and apply new technology to products and processes
- Conduct effective presentations
- Develops new technology ideas and guides their development and implementation.
- Attend workshops and seminars and evaluate new products and concepts for possible implementation.
- Establish and manage project schedules and requirements.
- Support and adhere to all system procedures and Company policies/procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Follow all safety regulations
- Perform other related duties assigned.
Project Engineer – Value Engineering
- Four year Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline- Mechanical, Industrial, Package or Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, or related field of study
- Relevant experience in plastic products or injection molding. Internship in related field can be applied
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Ability to work effectively with moderate supervision.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint) CAD software experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as leadership skills
- Ability to write and perform design of experiment studies
- Willingness & ability to travel (both domestic & international as required)
Non-Mandatory Job Qualifications (Not absolutely required, but enhance chance for success)
- Experience with engineering design tools (e.g., Agile, Pro-E, SolidWorks, AutoCad)
- Familiarity with ISO / GMP standards.
- Injection molding knowledge/experience
- Demonstrated project management skills with a desired proficiency in Microsoft Project