To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Senior Electrical Engineer
BuroHappold Engineering • Chicago, IL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Working from our primary hub in the Midwest, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced electrical engineer to join our team in Chicago. Having grown substantially since opening in 2010, our Chicago office has worked on iconic projects like the Chicago Navy Pier and the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. If you're excited about working on game-changing projects, your next challenge has arrived.
Working as part of our dynamic, diverse building services, this role will see you technically and creatively challenged on a variety of projects delivering large and complex building electrical system design. Team work and a collaborative approach are key to any project at BuroHappold, so your strong communication skills and passion to succeed with others will serve you well.
What design work will I be doing?
- Detailed design drawings including power distribution, emergency lighting, generators, fire alarm systems, utility coordination, etc.
- Production of electronic models.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules and design development reports.
- Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work.
- Keep senior design team members informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the BuroHappold and the client are achieved.
Outside of design, what else will I do?
- Maintaining awareness of project budgets and raising any concerns regarding budgetary or financial issues.
- Plan, organise and manage your workload to ensure that you are meeting clients expectations.
- Proactively raising concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines.
What are we looking for?
- Five years or more in a similar role.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- AutoCAD and REVIT skills.
- Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience dealing with Plan Check and obtaining electrical design approvals.
- Understanding of ICT and lighting design specifications is desirable, but not essential.
- LEED AP accredited preferred.
- Familiarity using computational analysis tools such as electrical fault analysis.
- Ideally, the candidate will also have experience in the use of energy analysis tools such as trane trace, IES, EQuest etc.