To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
998 Barnwell Street
Columbia, SC 29201
- Jillian Teeter
- Phone: (980) 365-6172
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Contract Administrator
Posted 15 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Develop and implement the strategic sourcing and vendor relationship strategies. Work closely within IT to serve as the IT point of contact for product and service contract support, analysis, and negotiations. Responsible for the financial practices and procedures associated with the management of these contracts.
Daily job responsibilities will include: interaction with team members, negotiation activities with vendors, communication with internal customers and management, interfacing with the Law Department regarding contractual issues. The working relationship both inside and outside of the organization will call for a high level of coordination between business owners, legal, senior management, and the vendor. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
- Assists in the acquisition, negotiation, and renewal functions related to IT vendor contracts. Evaluate and determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of acquiring IT hardware, software, and services. Ensure contracts/licenses will cover potential scope and use of IT hardware, software, and services.
- Continually seeks optimal value in service from vendors, reviewing and monitoring performance and ROI metrics and initiating contract modifications. Monitors existing contracts, renegotiation's, and renewal agreements.
- Qualifies vendors and provides information needed to maintain an appropriate vendor database and tracking system to manage the contract life cycle process.
- Moderate understanding of a distributed system IT Infrastructure.
- Experience working in an IT Organization size greater than 500 People.
- Strong mainframe or distributed systems contract negotiation skills. Note: This experience needs to be evident on the resume. If it is not, your candidate will be rejected from consideration. Examples of Mainframe Software Manufacturers: IBM, Computer Associates, BMC, Allen Systems Group, TIBCO, etc. Examples of Distributed Systems: Linux, WebSphereApp Servers, WebSphere portal servers, etc.
- Basic understanding of technical products and services needs across an IT enterprise.
- Has strong customer service orientation.
- Experience with and has strong contractual/financial modeling techniques.
- Experience supporting multiple contracts and enterprise agreements.
- Experience creating new contract metrics to competitively compensate vendors for utilization of products/services.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.