To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
- Phone: 513-583-0900
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Technologist I
Gus Perdikakis Associates Inc • Charlotte, NC
Posted 4 hours ago
Experience - At least 1 year(s)
Degree - 2 Year Degree
$0.00 - $21.61 /Hour
pay depends on the job requirements
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric, Other Great Industries
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position will be required to accurately evaluate options, and design safe, cost-effective, reliable facilities for new residential, commercial and industrial, single phase and three phase projects. This position may also design major circuit construction and rebuild projects across a geographic area. Due to this position’s customer interaction and/or job complexity, the Distribution Engineering Technologist is one of Electric Distribution’s primary face-to-face contacts with key customers (both internal and external) requiring them to be self-motivated, savvy, reliable, and trustworthy; as well as technically competent. This self-directed individual develops relationships with internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, city officials, etc., and promotes methods and procedures that maximize effectiveness. This position may be responsible for designing complex distribution projects such as extra facilities projects, high profile projects, projects requiring the highest reliability, etc. Another purpose of this position may be to accurately evaluate voltage, loading, and reliability on the electric distribution system, provide cost-effective solutions to allow for system expansion, and to maximize safety and service reliability. The position may assist in the training of other engineering classifications. It provides engineering expertise to recognize and resolve engineering problems, assists in interpreting codes, standards, regulations, requirements, and guidelines. Work contributes significantly to balancing customer service and reliability needs within capital budget constraints.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· Either a graduate from a college or university with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent i.e. Construction Engineering Management Technology), or 4+ years equivalent industry experience without a degree.
· Possess valid driver’s license.
· Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Window Office based applications and AutoCAD.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
· Experience in the utility industry.
· Understanding of basic principles of project management.
· Live within 30 miles or 45 minutes of work location headquarters.
Job ID: 17-00406 SS
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.