To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
- Drew Ireland
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Icon Information Consultants • Buffalo, NY
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summary: This individual will provide advanced desktop support for PC/LAN and office end-users at Buffalo headquarters and remote offices. Perform IT equipment moves, installation, configuration, and retiring of IT computer equipment.
• Provide first & second level desktop support for PC/LAN and laptop/workstation end-users including executives and senior-level management.
• Update and monitor ticketing systems.
• Provide routine problem reporting and recommendations to management.
• Utilize technical and procedure documentation for Help Desk, PC desktop/laptop configuration standards and install procedures.
• Configuration and deployment of new desktop and laptop systems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and printing issues as they occur
• Assist IT related projects.
• Provide new hardware/software for users as approved, assist in asset tag control and inventory management.
• Install, configure, move, and retire PC equipment.
• Coordinate and collaborate effectively with technical teams.
• Establish and maintain good working relationship with clients.
• Overtime and occasional weekend shifts required as needed.
• Frequent regional travel may be required (approximately 25%).
• Fast-paced office environment may have to work at different work sites.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, CIS, or a related discipline from an accredited four-year college or university. Candidates with a two year degree or relevant work experience will also be considered.
Experience: Experience supporting computers and printers in a network environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of computer hardware (Dell, HP, IBM, etc.)
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7
• Proficient in Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 Suites, Trend, various Adobe products, Internet Explorer, Cisco VPN, and MS Outlook with MS Exchange for end users.
• Microsoft Certification; MOUS, MCP, MCSE preferred.
• SAP support experience preferred.
• Experience with Apple phones, tablets, and MacBook’s preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to provide appropriate client support and interaction.
• Experience with Altiris: remote control, software delivery and imaging.
• Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
• Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.