To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
- Khue Nguyen
- Phone: 713-297-5819
- Phone:: 713-438-0930
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager Industrial Hygiene
Icon Information Consultants • Seattle, WA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If anyone is qualify and interested in this permanent opportunity in Seattle, WA, please send in your resume in a word doc for an immediate review.
Manager Industrial Hygiene
Local candidates in Seattle, WA
Duties & responsibilities:
- provide technical consultation to personnel regarding industrial hygiene concerns relative to regulations, training, risk identification, hazard evaluation and control.
- identify & evaluate employee exposures to environmental health stressors, such as asbestos, lead, diesel exhaust, silica, welding fume, noise & varying forms of radiation. Prepare short and long-term exposure monitoring schemes, establish & coordinate quality assurance/control measures for laboratories & industrial hygiene database.
- determine risk management plans based upon field exposure assessment, fela/claims experience, regulatory standards, & industry standards of care and injury/illness experiences. These efforts principally include designing & developing exposure controls such as work practice changes, training & skill enhancement programs, equipment & work environment modifications, & are managed using interdisciplinary groups & other resources that provide the required support.
- design, develop & maintain a performance measuring process on complex and comprehensive programs such as the respiratory protection program & industrial hygiene database system that will enable management to determine their progress & proficiency relative to the prevention of injuries & illnesses due to chemical, biological & physical risk factors.
- conduct employee training & provide technical presentations to field management & industries that may impact rail operations or vice versa. Prepare technical writing for training, presentations, company performance standards as well as findings & recommendation of field studies. Provide recommendation and expertise to support law & general claims departments & contracted law firms on environmental health issues.
- maintain active relationships with engineering, mechanical, field safety, division operations, strategic sourcing & supply and legal department. Support & participate in division/departmental safety & staff meetings.
- evaluate federal & state osha, dot & fra health regulated current & proposed programs & practices relative to conducting business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in industrial hygiene, core sciences or related engineering field
- Must be a certified industrial hygienist in good standing with the american board of industrial hygiene (abih)
- minimum of 5 years of experience in comprehensive industrial hygiene practice corporate environment.
- ability to travel 40-50%
- excellent verbal & written communication skills. Must have the ability to work under minimal supervision & direction and to exercise sound judgment. Must possess excellent group dynamic interpersonal & negotiating skills & have the ability to manage large networks of people.
- solid understanding & experience in state and federal osha programs & regulations.
- ability to understand & apply solutions involving engineering controls, personal protective equipment, industril hygiene field sampling techniques & technologies.
- Masters degree
certified safety professional
offers competitive benefit programs & services including, but not limited to
- medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- retirement pension plan
- life insurance
- incentive compensation plan (icp)
- tuition reimbursement program
An equal opportunity employer minorities/women/veterans/disabled
Background investigation elements
- criminal history
- last 7 years of driving history
- last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- social security number
Medical review elements
- medical evaluation
- drug screen
- other elements as needed
Drug test elements
committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping safe & drug free.
Transportation worker identification credential (twic): federal authority requires employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a twic. A twic is a condition of employment for such positions & requires candidates to those positions to submit to a tsa security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/for-industrytwic.
Icon information consultants
Toll free: 1-877-374-3216