To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Dan Witters
- Phone: 800-800-3617 ext. 142
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director, Information Technology
Ann Arbor, MI
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Premier manufacturer in the St. Joseph / Elkhart county area in Indiana is looking for a Director of IT to lead and direct all IT functions across 4 campus locations. Candidates must live within commuting distance to this area. Relocation expenses provided for qualified candidate.
Direct and manage Information Technology (IT) function and Department for the organization, staff of 13. Information Technology functions include but are not limited to Information Systems, Computer Hardware and Software, Local Area and Wide Area Networks, and Communication Systems including telephones, data lines, etc.
- Ensure that department resources (hardware, software, and personnel) are deployed in an effective manner. Responsibility for creating and managing the department budgets (spending & capital). Provide leadership to the department and ensure that the level of service provided to the users meets or exceeds expectations. Reviews and analyzes software and hardware needs, recommending changes and upgrades to provide efficient, effective, and timely service to users. Supervise the design, installation, and maintenance of system software and hardware. Oversee database administration functions to ensure data integrity. Responsibility for the telecommunication needs for the company as well.
- Coordinate IT activities for the organization to ensure that data communications systems are synchronized to the highest extent possible with consideration to available technology and budgetary constraints.
- Participate with Corporate IT Group to ensure that business activities are consistent with Corporate direction. Establish teams as needed to share information and best practices between SBU and other locations.
- Develop and administer Corporate IT policies and procedures. Develop and administer Plant Location IT policies and procedures. Primarily responsible to ensure that software license agreements are adhered to.
- Participate in short term and long range planning for IT resources and provide Staff with quarterly updates on upcoming opportunities and issues. Lead strategic planning sessions to determine where technology can be effectively used to benefit the strategic goals of the organization and to understand how new initiatives may affect the existing infrastructure.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a degree in Engineering or Business. Master’s degree preferred with 8-11 years IT management experience.
Project management skills required for new system implementations. Ability to strategically deploy resources (hardware, software, & support personnel). Current 550 users at a growth rate of approx.. 10-15 new accounts per month. Computer literacy to provide support and direction to qualified support professionals. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, VMware, Cisco hardware helpful.