To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
515 Plainfield Avenue
Edison, NJ 08817
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Assistant/Junior Staff Accountant
Spring Hills Senior Communities • Edison, NJ
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summary: Works for Accounting Dept of Spring Hills LLC and affiliates. Under direct supervision, performs complex data entry and related operations like preparing journal entries, reconciliations, running and creating reports.
Essential Functions :
- Reconcile daily cash receipts at multiple locations between bank statement and sub ledgers, analyze the same for accuracy, inquire into discrepancies and correct the same
- Prepare and post cash receipt journal entries to GL
- Prepare weekly sales reports, run monthly AR reports
- Investigate AR reconciliation differences
- Prepare bank reconciliations for multiple accounts, investigate bank reconciliation differences
- Investigate bank reconciliation differences
- Recordkeeping for Form 1099 returns – collect relevant information like form W-9 etc. for Vendors, determine if Vendor is 1099 exempt, and enter W-9 details in Payables sub ledger. Generate end of year 1099 and 1096 forms
- Assist with monthly and yearly closings
- Perform various accounting/clerical functions as required
- Respond to accounting questions by researching and interpreting available information
- Ensure strict confidentiality of financial records and transactions
- Maintain proper records and files
Our benefits program includes:
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation and Sick/Personal Time
- Associate Appreciation Program
Experience and Education:
- Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting and at least two years of experience in Accounting, proficiency in Microsoft Excel with very good command over basic formulas and functions, sorting, subtotals, formatting, text functions, etc. Experience with Oracle financials and/or other ERP systems a plus, but not required.