To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
701 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408
- Pat Rudy
- Phone: 336-272-7720
- Phone:: 336-272-7729
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Human Resources
Advanced Personnel Resources, Inc. • Greensboro, NC
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director, Human Resources
Our client, a well established and growing employer in Greensboro NC, has an immediate need for a Director of Human Resources.
Reporting to the President / CEO, the Director of Human Resources is a senior strategic partner to the President of the company who has primary responsibility for all personnel, compliance, employee relations, staff development and equal employment opportunity functions of the company. The HR Director provides advice and counsel to senior management on all matters related to employees. He/she develops strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues and recommends changes/improvements to the practices of the company. In conjunction with other company management, this position is responsible for the implementation and administration of all benefit programs.
Receptionist / Switchboard Operator
- Provide advice and counsel to managers on organizational matters including performance assessment, corrective actions, dispute resolution, compensation and classification, recruitment and retention and organizational structure and staffing
- Assess and implement company policies and practices to ensure parity and legal compliance; explain and apply applicable policies, procedures, laws, codes and regulations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels of the company
- Maintenance and enhancement of employee handbook and other new hire materials
- Administer annual merit increase program
- Conduct semi-annual non-discrimination testing on the 401(k) plan; prepare and submit the annual report & return for the plan (5500 report)
- Communicate policy/benefit changes to the workforce; provide interpretation as needed
- Oversee all recruitment efforts as well as the job posting system; establish relationships with temp agencies to assure that field and shop management are able to maintain an adequate workforce
- Assure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and enforcing adherence to requirements by advising management on needed actions
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks by participating in professional organizations
- Establish and maintain recruiting networks via Labor Agencies, Universities, Apprenticeship Programs, Job Fairs, etc.
- Recruitment and hiring of positions as requested by Corporate Management
Undergraduate degree in Human Resources and/or 10+ years in Human Resources.
PHR certification preferred.
Ethical conduct, strategic thinking, leadership, decision making ability, communication proficiency.