To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1140 Gervais Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55109
- Deborah DeGreeff
- Phone: 651-209-7927
- Phone:: 612-294-1881
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Specialist – Level 2
Second Harvest Heartland • Saint Paul, MN
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a level 2 help desk support position. A majority of this person’s time will be spent responding to requests submitted via our online support ticket system, emails, phone calls, and in-person visits. Any time left over will be spent working on projects to help grow the organization’s technology infrastructure.
SCOPE OF WORK
The IT Specialist is responsible for the day to day operational activities of help-desk support, network administration, and systems.
- Support end-users with IT-related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner.
- Setup, management, and maintenance of IT-related equipment.
- Manage time and projects effectively.
- Help put processes in place to maintain a stable network environment.
- Training staff with IT related equipment.
- Lead project work as assigned to grow the technology infrastructure of the organization.
- Lead the more complex troubleshooting issues.
- Lead the installation, and implementation of systems.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to our fixed asset inventories.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization surrounding hardware and software technologies and how these technologies can assist the business being especially proactive with new technologies.
- Maintain hardware and software maintenance agreements to ensure integrity of operations processes.
- Owns the backup and archive jobs, to ensure that we have an exceptional disaster recovery plan.
- Help provide assistance to our remote workforce and ensuring they have the equipment and resources to meet their needs.
- Provide Level 2 technical expertise and act as a backup for the general needs of the IT department (help desk support tickets, projects, etc).
- Creates and maintains desk top and laptop images.
- Customer Service - demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & requests of others, internally and externally. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications. Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way. Actively listen to others and demonstrate understanding of other points of view.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
- At least 2 year technical degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in IT or Business Systems
- Organized, thorough, and has great attention to detail
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware and networking basics
- Able to install, configure, troubleshoot and support Windows clients and servers
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an understanding of technology as well as the ability to apply solution to business problems (ability to ask the right questions)
- Effectively communication orally, electronically, and in writing with all levels of the organization using top notch customer service.
- Does well with minimal “hands on" training and can pickup new skills quickly and can “take the ball and run with it"
- Ability to multi-task and can handle frequent interruptions
- Can consistently follow protocol and instructions
- Can work independently with little management direction
- Document process, procedures, and results
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills
- Passionate, optimistic, and has internal inspiration to get things done
- Experience with SQL Server, Dynamics-Nav, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or CRM, SalesForce.com, Hyper-V, SharePoint, Cisco Networking Equipment
- .NET, AJAX, ColdFusion, Flash and/or Smart phone Development Experience
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer as needed
- Ability to lift and move computers and IT equipment for setup.
- Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and able to support remote locations.
Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer