To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
On - Site Supervisor - Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Katmai Government Services • Tampa, FL
Posted 9 days ago
Experience - At least 2 year(s)
Degree - High School
$5K Sign On Bonus for this position!
Government - Civil Service, Defense - Aerospace, Other Great Industries
Management, Professional Services, Other
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Leads and executes the maintenance (inspecting, testing, overhauling, installing, and repairing) of sophisticated refrigeration, dehumidification, air-conditioning, ventilation, and heating equipment. Serves as the primary point of contact for all building maintenance issues, and manages the expectations of customers. Must have a functional repair knowledge of HVAC systems, control systems, building automation, plumbing, lighting, generators, locks, alarm suppression systems, electrical distribution, drywall and other structural related repair actions.
- Perform/supervise service calls and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Perform/supervise equipment repairs including HVAC, building automation, carpentry, structural, plumbing, painting, and electrical tasks.
- Services as the principle repair technician for critical/complicated failures.
- Communicate service details with customers and manage customers concerns and complaints.
- Supervise on-site technicians and janitorial staff.
- Manage material requirements, vendor requirements and effectively allocates resources to include coordination of activities with service vendors.
- Acts as a liaison with customers, administrators, and operational employees as necessary to ensure contract performance.
- Reports in writing and orally to higher management; communicates directly with clients and/or other contractor personnel.
- Develops and maintains budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Maintain the computerized maintenance management system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to use hand power tools and basic hand tools.
- Able work effectively within a team.
- Knowledge of HVAC, chilled water systems.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE regulations.
- Working knowledge of carpentry, painting, and electrical systems.
- Focused on providing strong customer service.
- Must have college level reading and writing skills.
- Basic computer skills and able to learn new systems.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to lift and work with heavy equipment.
- Able to perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong attendance record and be punctual.
- Able to work with others in a professional manner.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Occasionally required to work evening, weekend and on-call shifts.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government background security clearance.
- Must have a minimum of Six (6) years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in commercial HVAC maintenance.
- Must have a minimum of Two (2) years’ experience as a team lead.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Holds a valid and current Universal EPA Certification.
- NATE Certified (or similar).
Key Word Search:
HCAC, A/C, Air, Heat, AC, Building Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance, Building Repair, ASHRAE, NATE, EPA Certification, Universal EPA Certification, EPA, Maintenance, Federal Building Maintenance, Government Maintenance, Military Maintenance, carpentry, painting, electrical systems, chilled water systems, Air Conditioning.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website. Click here to apply.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Click on the title to view the poster:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster
EEO Supplement Poster
Pay Transparency Poster
Right to Work Poster
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.