To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02101
- Karthikeyan Panchamoorthy
- Phone: (972) 234-0058 x13
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
IT Security Specialist Position in Boston, MA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: IT Security Specialist
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 12 Months+
- Follow industry best practices and methodologies, including the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Testing Guide, to perform penetration testing services to uncover vulnerabilities across various web applications
- Identify loopholes with web services using automated web application scanning methodologies and tools (e.g. HP WebInspect, etc...)
- Identify exploits with web services using a manual in-depth testing methodologies and tools such as WTD, and CDN logs
- Summarize and document results of testing for management reporting including proper disposition of test exceptions.
- Research new threats, attack vectors, risks and propose hardening solutions.
- Report on security vulnerabilities via formal reports and weekly status updates.
- Verify the security findings from other members of the penetration testing team.
- Bachelor's (or higher), in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or other related analytical, scientific, or technical disciplines (or SANS/Sec Cert).
- Industry certifications relating to IT security and program management preferred (GIAC, GPEN, OSCP, CEH)
- Experience with web application penetration tools preferred, such as HP WebInspect, etc...
- Ability to work independently and also collaborating closely with application developers, engineers and others.
- Effective written, oral communication skills, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong communications skills to be able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Knowledge of the latest security threats, techniques and exploits targeting vulnerabilities
- Network and web application penetration testing
- Vulnerability assessments followed by providing best security practice recommendations and countermeasures
- Strong familiarity with multiple operating systems, databases, applications and platforms and exploit development loopholes.
- Understanding of SQL, XSS, CSRF, XXE, and other trends in web exploitation
- Working understanding of HTML and common web applications
- Thorough understanding of computer networking and the OSI model
- Cyber-threat research, reporting and development/implementation of vulnerability mitigation strategies
- Programming experience is a plus!
- Familiarity in one or more of the following areas: application security, Linux/Windows system security, mobile device security, cloud technologies (IaaS
Resource Development Manager
800 E. Campbell Rd, Suite 388
Richardson, TX 75081
Winner of Inc 500, Deloitte Fast 500, MBN 100