To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
22520 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Jean, NV 89019
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Human Resources Assistant
Letica Corporation • Jean, NV
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LETICA CORPORATION, a manufacturer of plastic and paper packaging products is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our team in Jean, NV (just outside of Las Vegas).
For over 50 years, Letica Corporation has been an industry standard for a broad array of applications including paint, chemicals and food packaging We have grown into a nationwide manufacturer of paper and plastic packaging. We are a privately held, family owned and run company with 14 locations across the United States. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit program that includes full health insurance, dental and vision, 401(k) plan and much more.
The HR Assistant is responsible supporting efforts for the overall administration, coordination, evaluation and implementation of the Human Resources function. Responsible for the supporting consistent application and legal adherence to all laws, policies and regulations that pertain to the successful management of the work force and incorporate the goals of high retention, profitability and satisfying work environment.
- When directed responsible for establishing and maintaining plant associate records and reports; ensures compliance with all associate regulations regarding associate files; establishes and maintains security/confidentiality of associate data.
- Under the direction of the Plant Human Resource Manager, assists in developing and maintaining affirmative action programs, as required; promotes equal opportunity in the workforce on a regular and consistent basis; stays abreast of EEO regulatory changes and monitors the work place for deviations and/or EEO related problems.
- Under the direction of the Plant Human Resource Manager, assists in remaining current on foreign national associate regulations; ensures foreign nationals are maintaining and pursuing correct visa status paperwork.
- Under the direction of the Plant Human Resource Manager, assists in investigating workers’ compensation claims and collects and records claim data.
- Under the direction of the Plant Human Resource Manager, assists in applying State and Federal government procedures, policies, guidelines, rules and regulations as instructed by corporate; select applicable guidelines and regulations to different situations.
- Under the direction of the Plant Human Resource Manager, assists in communicating, orally and in writing, with associates, physicians, and others to collect and provide information related to workers’ compensation claims and property claims; facilitate return to work of injured associates through the use of modified duty programs and medical case management.
- Responsible in maintaining bulletin boards throughout the building and ensure information is transmitted in a timely fashion.
- Maintains calendar indicating scheduled pay dates, pay increases dates, and dates when associates are to be added to benefit programs. Administer benefits programs for all hourly associates. Must understand all associate benefit programs; explain those programs to associates; and coordinate enrollments and changes.
- Posts all associates time, including hours worked and special pay, as well as deductions to the payroll system.
- Checks with supervisor if there are any discrepancies in terms of authorized overtime, shift premiums, or reasons for absences, either paid or unpaid.
- Makes any required changes to employee information such as pay rates, salaries, change of address, withholding or regular deductions and posts to payroll system.
- Records tardiness, sick, and vacation time on associates records.
- Under the direction of the Plant Human Resource Manager, assists in coordinating discipline issues and obtain corporate approval for terminations.
- Associates degree in Human Resources or related field.
- At least 2 years experience of professional Human Resources experience including: overall understanding of the broad Human Resources functions, policies, products, and services.
- Understanding of the processing of workers’ compensation claims and the laws and regulations governing the administration and reporting of workers’ compensation claims.
- Strong communication skills: oral and written. Ability to deal with all levels of associates.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.