To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
- Lydia Torres
- Phone: 5128652821
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Associate
Visa • Austin, TX
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be
The Customer Service Associate will be part of our World Class Customer Support team where you will be responsible for supporting card holders via inbound phone calls regarding customer needs with Visa products. You will complete work according to well-defined policies and procedures while delivering a positive customer interaction. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. This position is located in North Austin.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Respond to inbound telephone calls and may generate outbound calls regarding information on aspects of Visa products.
- Evaluate and determine the nature of each call and determine the appropriate action to complete the call.
- Answer general customer service questions from cardholders, explain multiple program features, and where appropriate, transfer the customer to the issuing bank to obtain specific account information or transfer the customer to an appropriate Third Party Service Provider.
- Adhere to established procedures and guidelines while providing quality customer service in order to meet and exceed department standards.
- Provide general information and support on any VISA related topic or product and direct the customer accordingly.
- Update and maintain cardholder data in appropriate databases.
- Use several computer programs to respond to customer inquiries.
- Document cases to show action taken.
- Customer service experience required. Prior experience in call center, financial industry or ecommerce environments is preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service based on the customer’s needs
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required
- Must have punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- Requires efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer experience within Windows environment as well as ability to navigate the internet, utilize computer shortcut functions, and navigate through multiple program platforms
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.