To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1899 L Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20036
- Phone: 202-822-5000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Human Resources Consultant
Raffa, P.C • Washington, DC
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Senior Human Resources Consultant (Generalist/Manager) works in the engagement team who supports the Human Resources functions for a variety of clients, primarily nonprofit organizations. Much of the work of the Senior Human Resources Consultant is performed in the Raffa offices but can involve travel to local client sites. In this role, you will manage a variety of Human Resources projects and ongoing work by providing consulting, support and HR expertise to multiple clients around the DC metro area. As a strategic partner to our clients, you will work closely with professionals and executives at all levels. The ideal candidate for this role is a Senior Generalist, Manager or Director, who is high energy, self motivated and hands-on.
What you will do:
• Handle employee relations matters, in addition to
acting as a coach/counsel to client employees and supervisors in highly
sensitive, confidential or complex situations.
• Administer, maintain and ensure compliance in areas that may include affirmative action, anti-discrimination, health and safety programs as well as federal and state law s and regulations.
• Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Manage all aspects of HR and benefits administration including enrolling and terminating employees in HRIS systems and benefit plans, processing retirement plan remittances and completing annual data collection for compliance testing and 5500 preparation.
• Manage full cycle recruitment for clients.
• Manage the payroll process for clients, establishing best practices that capture and prevent errors while maintaining a high level of accuracy in client payroll processes.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
degree and 4+ years of related Human Resources generalist experience.
• Human Resources certification preferred.
• Hands-on payroll experience preferred.
• Proficient using and learning a wide variety of software programs.
• Experience as a
sole HR practitioner and/or prior consulting experience highly desirable.
• Exemplary customer service skills; ability to deftly manage multiple client assignments and priorities.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills; exceptional organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Must work well independently in a matrixed environment.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations.