To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greater Minneapolis, MN
- Tim Ulrey
- Phone: 800-690-3280
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Process Engineer: Plastic Films & Coatings
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Greater Minneapolis, MN
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Plastic Films Coatings Engineer – Flexible Packaging
Direct hire with benefits, annual bonus, and relocation
VISA sponsorship / transfer not available for this position
- Pay: Up to $105K + annual bonus opportunity + relocation package
- Location: Minneapolis, MN greater area.
- Appropriate Engineering Backgrounds: Must have coated extruded films experience: cast film with flat die and/or blown film with annular die. This position is intimate with coating process, not the extruders.
THE COMPANY & THE PLANT
This direct hire opening is with a global plastics company that has a dozen flexible packaging manufacturing facilities across the globe. There are around 175 employees in this location and roughly 20 plastic production lines – extrusion, downstream, coating, printing, etc. The company offers relocation package, annual bonus, and competitive benefits.
THE JOB: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer / Project Engineer / Plant Engineer / Sr. Process Engineer
The plant’s guru is retiring and we need you to fill those shoes. To do so, you must know film extrusion and secondary equipment rather well (coating, slitting, winding, converting, printing). Your abilities will be used in multiple places: on the floor with SOP development and training; in the lab running testing, liaising between R&D and production during trial runs and scale up efforts, and general cost reduction and continuous improvement implementation. You will be instrumental in the plant’s success as new orders come through requiring modification of processes, running trials to meet customer specifications, scaling up, etc. Due to this, your role and success will be highly visible to the company.
VISIBILITY AND ADVANCEMENT
This is a medium-large plastics company with dozens of locations. Advancement can be into technical management, operations management, or corporate engineering.
- 4 year engineering degree 100% needed. BSME (mechanical engineering), BSEE (electrical engineering), BS Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Plastics Engineering, etc. BS Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- 100 % needed: plastic films coatings experience (hands-on with equipment)