To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Coral Springs, FL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Support Specialist
Comfort Medical, LLC • Coral Springs, FL
Posted 18 days ago
Travel - Up to 25%
Experience - 2 to 4 years
Degree - High School
Computer Hardware, Healthcare - Health Services
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The role of the IT Support Specialist is to assist customers who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of IT applications, products or services. Complex and/or high priority problems are elevated to specialized support groups for resolution when needed, but the IT Support Specialist is responsible to ensure that an effective solution is provided to the user.
This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all systems and network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal system and network downtime. The role also requires the ability to diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Monitors ticketing system and completes tickets in a timely manner
- Installs all peripheral components such as printers, phones, desktops, memory, UPS, etc
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements
- Provides telephone, in-person and remote support to end-users
- Deploy, configure, maintain and administer new and existing servers, databases, storage and backups.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server integrity checks, review system and application logs, and verify scheduled job completion (backups,etc.)
- Test and apply OS, security patches and system upgrades as needed.
- Create, change and remove AD users, mailboxes and other resources as requested.
- Perform regular backup operations and testing.
- Provide support per request from various constituencies including after-hours support.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Report and communicate with stakeholders and management.
- Perform periodic performance and capacity tests and submit results to management.
- Maintain server and application inventory and manage corresponding licenses.
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of server platforms such as: Windows Server 2008, Server 2012 R2
- Knowledge of Windows command line tools: Power Shell, Scripting, Task Automation
- Knowledge of database management including: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014
- Knowledge of Active Directory including: Group Policy, Domain Trusts, DNS, User and Group Management
- Knowledge of system administration including: MS Exchange 2013
- Knowledge administrating VMWare and SAN/NAS Environments
- Knowledge of routing and switching
- Ability to administer and deploy new systems as organizational needs require.
- Travels between sites to perform assigned duties
- Performs all other duties as assigned by IT Manager
- College Degree in Computer Science or Related Industry preferred
- Any Microsoft Certifications
Important Duties Include:
- Asset Management
- Telecom Support
- Exchange(e-mail) Support
- Domain Administration (Group Policy Management, Domain Trusts/Policy)
- Internet Access Management (OpenDNS)
- VMware Support
- Powershell Scripts
Able to lift at least 50 pounds
M-F 8:30 – 5:30 PM
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.