To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
379 West Uwchlan Avenue
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19335
- Mark Wilson
- Phone: 6108136550
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Government Underwriter
American Residential Lending • Huntingdon Valley, PA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
***Candidates will not be considered without a minimum of 5 years underwriting experience***
***DE certification required***
We are looking for a hardworking, energetic and knowledgeable person to underwrite loans in either our Huntington Valley or Downingtown, PA locations. The ideal candidate will have at 3-5 years of recent experience underwriting conventional and FHA/VA government loans.
Perform underwriting of conventional, and FHA, (and VA/USDA soon) mortgage loans including a detailed review of the residential mortgage loan application and documentation as submitted to ensure loans meet underwriting guidelines by secondary market and investors. The detailed review will entail analyzing all documentation including but not limited to credit reports, income and asset documentation, collateral, fraud prevention tools and other applicable documentation as required to render a loan decision ensuring completeness, accuracy and compliance. Underwriters are responsible for effectively communicating all lending decisions to appropriate parties including Processing and Loan Officers. Excellent phone and communication skills and a value of providing superior customer service to internal and external customers required.
- 4 file touches minimum in a day - mandatory.
- Maintain an exceptional level of clear and timely and concise communication with the Operations Manager and/or supervisor
- Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines for quick and accurate answers
- Provide technical experience and quality assurance on loan approvals
- Rework loans to offer new terms, identifying any additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision
- Analyze borrower’s credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation
- Ensure loans meet agency and government guidelines
- Accurately calculate borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios based on acceptable agency practices
- Document lending decisions and complete required screens in the loan origination system that include accurate completion of the 1008/ 92900 A/92900 LT as well as adding and/or creating applicable conditions on the loan approval
- Run, read and interpret automated underwriting decision results from both Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector
- Review conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate
- Communicate loans decisions to Processing and Loan Officers in a timely fashion and ensure compliance deadlines are met with regards to pre-disclosures, approval letters, denial notices, and counteroffers.
- Work closely with processing and/or Loan Officers to answer specific loan questions, to answer specific conditions or documentation requested and to resolve problems
- Prioritize work queue to ensure service level agreements are met
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum productivity and quality goals
- Provide quality control responses in a timely manner
- Future goals: Thorough knowledge of guidelines of USDA, VA and FHA Reverse underwriting as the company looks to take these in-house and under your responsibility as well. Education time will be levied for proper candidates that already possess a DE certification but do not have as much experience on these products.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of recent Mortgage Underwriting Experience (FHA and Conventional) with strong agency and 4000.1 guideline knowledge.
- DE, FHA certification required
- Thorough understanding of the EAD appraisal upload process a plus
- SAR and LAPP certifications a plus
- Experience with USDA, 203K a plus
- Strong working knowledge of ATR/QM Requirements
- BYTE PRO LOS experience is a major plus but not expected
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic required
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of compliance and disclosure requirements
- Knowledge of closing, post-closing & quality control responsibilities
American Residential Lending (NMLS 1359704) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. American Residential Lending is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org.