To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
850 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Debit Card Business Analyst
People's United Bank • Bridgeport, CT
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
People’s United Bank is a subsidiary of People’s United Financial, Inc., a diversified financial services company with over $40+ billion in assets. Founded in 1842, we are a premier, community-based, regional bank in the Northeast offering commercial and retail banking, as well as wealth management services through a network of over 400 retail locations in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
• Business Analyst required with knowledge of Card domain with specific focus on Debit cards. Added knowledge of ATM space would be a distinct advantage.
• Ability to grasp and understand complex requirements for various projects & initiatives and work with major stake holders to be able to analyze & create business requirements, from their inception, elaboration and acceptance to signoff.
• This position is responsible for ensuring that applications and process work streams are working effectively to meet the business needs.
• Depicts and analyze business process workflows to support continuous improvement or major process reengineering efforts.
• Ability to grasp & understand large data volumes of card related data and understand the importance of data quality.
II. Principal Responsibilities:
• Drives work and projects forward by collaborating with key stakeholders and functional areas to drive initiatives, resolve issues, complete tasks/phases and meet timelines.
• Maintains and utilizes deep knowledge of business functionality and system integration work flow to identify and resolve moderately complex application systems issues.
• Participate in full life cycle activities including conducting life cycle analysis, requirements activities and design reporting capabilities, monitor performance and quality assurance/control plans.
• Responsible to complete assignments typically moderate in scope, complexity, and/or risk.
• Recommends implements and supports business application solutions to facilitate the efficient and effective operations of the business areas.
• Oversees, develops and helps execute system requirements, data mapping, test plans and testing, implementation plans and system support. This includes regular operational initiatives & during acquisition conversion.
• Ability to query ,identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets including ability to understand/filter good data vs “bad" to identify and correct underlying issue(s).
• Provides leadership, expertise and advice to the business areas to trouble shoot and work through production issues. Provide Subject Matter expertise for support escalation.
• Communicates and collaborates with application system vendors and, reviews & documents the vendor’s system bulletins & roadmaps.
• Communicates process changes, enhancements, and modifications to internal and external customers, as appropriate. Provides training and assistance as needed for areas supported.
• Acts as the key resource for the ownership of business applications: Ensures documentation up to date, Understands and communicates key information related to release schedules, and underlying functionality.
• Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
In today’s highly competitive job market, People’s United Bank recognizes the need to attract, reward, and retain talented employees. That’s why we provide a comprehensive, competitive and innovative benefits program.
Knowledge of working in a major real-time transaction processing environment is a must.
Knowledge of Card domain with specific focuses on Debit card space, and the ATM space would be a distinct advantage. Ability to understand major transactional flow end to end across multiple vendor systems in card space would be required
Expert-level of Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio. Competent at MS Project and business objects.
Working Knowledge of writing relational queries with an understanding of databases would be required.
Knowledge of using MS Sharepoint technology with a view of accessing, managing and improving the departmental site would be useful
Written & Verbal Communication:
Communicates clearly and concisely in verbal & written form. Presents complex material in a clear, well organized manner with the ability for appropriate level of detail to communicate the desired information.
Recognizes and copes with problems encountered and ensure the problem is resolved in a timely manner and that the appropriate corrective action is taken. Instructs others on steps to take in resolving similar issues.
Uses systems analysis techniques in a Business environment to identify effective solutions to the requirements. Includes problem solving abilities, definition of user requirements, and knowledge of system capabilities. Reviews and analyzes user requirements with multiple areas of impact. Identifies system inadequacies and determines needed functionality.
Writes formal procedures which are easy to follow and understood by users. Documents and/or updates procedures as necessary to accurately and comprehensively capture required functions/processes. Reviews and recommends procedural changes to improve processes and enhance controls.
Identifies weaknesses in departmental procedures and regulatory compliance and makes recommendations to management for corrective action.