To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Acworth, GA 30102
- Jeremy Romero
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Human Resources
HireNexus • Acworth, GA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director of Human Resources
- Design, develop and oversee the implementation of Human Resources programs, that align with overall business strategy and culture, throughout entire organization.
- Monitor administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolve any discrepancies.
- Participate in leadership, management, and company staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars, as required.
- Develop and maintain appropriate pay plans and benefits programs by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Research, provide direction on selection and supervise Human Resources consultants, training specialists, and coordinate company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Manage the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator, guiding and encouraging ongoing development of role and responsibilities.
- Establish an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Establish a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes. Develop, implement and maintain an Internship Program for all facilities to orchestrate and monitor to further develop, train, and utilize for potential recruiting requirements and metrics to assess progression and success of program.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Guide and manage the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs. Manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance and organization culture initiatives. Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues; counseling employees and supervisors. Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conduct a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional networking opportunities.
- Manage employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, and one-on-one meetings. Manage company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
- Establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals. Prepare and maintain such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Present periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, company philanthropic giving, and administration. With Leadership Team, plan and participate in the company's philanthropic and charitable giving events.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings. Lead company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and ensure that the Human Resources staff and initiatives are a success.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the leadership team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping, and payroll system management, specifically ADP software.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Very professional, flexible on my schedule, perfect follow up & spoke very professionally. Great over all service!
Larry, Sales Manager in the Chicago Area