To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
825 Chesapeake Drive
Cambridge, MD 21613
- Elsie Gerdom
- Phone: 4102210542
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Manager
GKD-USA, Inc. • Cambridge, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB TITLE: Information Technology Manager
GENERAL FUNCTION: Plan, coordinate and lead all activities related to the design, development, integration and implementation of the company’s information systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Lead the company in leveraging software and hardware technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
2) Proactively work towards eliminating network data losses and security risks.
3) Effectively train system users in the use of related hardware and software.
4) Continuous improvement of the GSS ERP system to provide complete and accurate information to all company processes and apply “Lean Practices” to minimize user data entry and optimize user interface for ease of simplicity of use.
5) Development of reporting systems to provide management with real time, accurate information.
6) Stay abreast of technology developments and make recommendations for hardware/software improvements.
7) Manage Procurement and installation of all new hardware/software systems.
8) Ensure the safety and security of all company data.
9) Maintain, support and improve the computer network.
10) Maintain, support and improve the telecommunications network.
11) Develop professional and reliable vendor relationships.
12) Prepare, establish and monitor the IT budget.
13) Maintain, manage and administer company security system.
14) Manage company mobile phone plan and use.
15) Lead the Helpdesk Technician and ensure all helpdesk requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
16) Create and document all IT policies and procedures.
17) Analyze the IT requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
1) Experience, Training and Job Qualifications
a) Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing company utilizing an ERP system.
b) Must have excellent verbal and written communications, and organization skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of personnel.
c) Must be able to travel as required in support of assigned responsibilities.
2) Personal Qualifications
a) Willingness and ability to abide by Company work, safety, attendance, and all other rules.
b) Well organized and self-motivated to handle multiple projects and a wide variety of duties with minimum supervision. Must be able to effectively train and direct the activities of others.
c) Must be highly detail oriented and able to develop consistent, accurate, thorough documentation of all work in accordance with Quality Procedures.
d) In all actions, demonstration of a commitment to perform quality work and meet all project schedule milestones, while building a positive relationship with coworkers, customers, and outside suppliers through professional conduct.
3) Physical Qualifications
a) Good physical health to be able to occasionally work on the production floor for extended periods as required in support of the assigned areas of responsibility.
b) Ability to see with at least 20/40 corrected vision in the best eye.
c) Ability to hear telephones and conversations at normal volume
d) Ability to lift 15 pounds to shoulder height.
Job Classification: Salary, exempt under FLSA classification: Administrative Employees.