To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- East Longmeadow, MA 01028
- KARLA HAMMOND
- Phone: 860 267-2690
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Supply Chain Manager
Toner Plastics (East Longmeadow, MA) • East Longmeadow, MA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of experience working in the plastics industry or a strong desire to work in this industry?
Have you had oversight of /in-depth knowledge of a MRP Implementation – not as an IT professional, but as a skilled leader and project manager from start to finish – who knows what needs to be done, as well as how and when to do it?
Are you a skilled manager of staff – coaching and mentoring, while well versed in sourcing, purchasing, scheduling, planning, inventory and warehouse management?
Does the idea of supply chain ownership excite you and play to your natural strengths and motivation?
If so . . . read on . . . My client, Toner Plastics, an integrated group of four plastics manufacturing companies, headquartered in East Longmeadow, MA is looking to hire a supply chain manager. For nearly 30 years, Toner Plastics has manufactured extruded products to exact customer specifications with an uncompromising commitment to quality and customer service. They are currently a world leader in 3D filament products. With a competitive edge in their relationship with S&E Specialty Polymers, the company sells manufactured extruded products to industrial OEM customers.
Because the company is growing, they have an immediate need to integrate their latest acquisition, into their headquarters – effectively doubling their manufacturing capacity and introducing many new products and raw materials into their operations. Simultaneously, they are upgrading their MRP and accounting system. As supply chain manager, with system oversight, you will ensure it is operating optimally. You will also be responsible for purchasing, sourcing, inventory management, BOM/item, warehousing, shipping, receiving, logistics and product control with five direct reports.
As my client looks forward to their third acquisition in four years, there is plenty of upward mobility for the right person in this position. Toner Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a benefits package.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, as supply chain manager, you will be responsible for all activities related to procurement, production planning and logistics. Primary responsibilities include: MRP system expertise, personnel management, raw materials purchasing, coordination of inbound and outbound freight, warehouse management, and inventory control. Specifically,
MRP System Management
- Be the resident MRP system expert and provide training to junior employees as needed
- Lead MRP system upgrades and conversions
- Continually ensure the system is functioning properly and being used correctly by all users
- Liaise with external service providers such as software consultants and IT management vendors
- Lead, manage and coach a team of 2 warehouse workers and 3 office staff (purchasing, production control, and production support)
- Responsible for warehouse, shipping, receiving, logistics, production scheduling, BOM and item maintenance, and inventory control functions
- Lead cross-functional teams for various company projects, such as those pertaining to acquisitions/relocations, MRP system projects, and problem solving projects
Sourcing and purchasing
- Source and select suppliers and service providers
- Support new product development with purchasing and sourcing support
- Manage and develop vendor relationships
- Leverage cost savings and best practices through counterparts at other facilities
- Be the driving force for raw material and freight cost savings
Inventory & warehouse management
- Utilize the MRP system to purchase and maintain appropriate stocking levels
- Lead inventory management activities such as cycle counting, physical inventories, BOM management (creation, maintenance and correction)
- Collaborate with production and sales to meet the sales plan
- Configure and organize the warehouse efficiently
Resumes should be emailed to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]; 860-267-2690
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- In-depth knowledge of MRP systems with current/prior MRP system implementation experience
- Understanding of the plastics industry (preferred though not mandatory)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills – able to interface successfully with all organizational levels
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills
- Self initiative
- Ability to work autonomously with little hands-on supervision
- Drive for results with a concern for product cost management and quality
- Organized – can multi-task well and prioritize
- Compelled to meet deadlines and skilled in time management
- Committed to follow-up
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Stays calm in adverse situations
- Seen as credible/trustworthy – demonstrates integrity and honesty
- Strong work ethic
- Deals with confidential information respectfully and appropriately
- Projects a professional management demeanor
Resumes should be emailed as Word document attachments to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]; 860-267-2690