To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Copy Of Alzheimer's Association • Louisville, KY
Posted 15 days ago
The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you!
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the #1 best large nonprofit to work for in 2016. We are proud to say that this is the seventh year in a row that we’ve won Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
The Development Director is accountable for the performance and success of fundraising events and strategies across the Greater Kentucky and Southern Indiana territory to meet revenue goals. This person will mobilize and manage staff and volunteers to produce Chapter's special events and fundraising initiatives according to our national timelines and best practices and serve on the Chapter's senior management team. In addition this person will be responsible for working with the home office Major Gift staff on developing and growing an intermediate/major gifts program for the chapter. Job Location-Louisville, KY
Essential Job Functions:
- Train and supervise special events team responsible for event production.
- Supervise staff as they coordinate multiple Walk to End Alzheimer's within the territory,
- The Longest Day and other special events to include staff assignments, team captain/walker recruitment and retention; sponsor cultivation and solicitation; promotion and marketing activities; and all event logistics.
- Plan and execute annual Reason to Hope events throughout the chapter with support from remote office staff.
- Work with chapter volunteer and constituent relations coordinator to identify donors with larger giving potential.
- Establish a year round intermediate/major donor cultivation plan.
- Work with the Executive Director to identify and develop non-events based revenue streams for the chapter.
- Prepare and distribute communications to staff, volunteers and donors - via email, print, and telephone - based on the Association's communications timeline and additional needs.
- Oversee Chapter Alzheimer's Workplace Alliance Program.
- Assist staff in identifying, recruiting, training and managing high impact volunteers who will assist the organization in increasing concern and awareness as well as growing revenue.
- Prepare reports and provide information as requested and required; oversee project budgets and maintain financial records for events.
- Provide support to overall fundraising operations of the territory to include: customer service to constituents; database mining and management; donor/sponsor/advocate relations and communications; management of vendor relations; etc.
- Serve as chapter liaison by participating in community events throughout the 125 county territory and fielding questions and requests from the public.
- Bachelor's degree, Professional Certifications (CFRE or CFRM) preferred.
- 5+ years work-related experience preferred in marketing, fundraising, nonprofit management or related field.
- Excellent computer and database skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, sales and marketing, volunteer management and development experience.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Prior experience in strategic planning and budget development and management required.
- Basic knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, delegate and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to safely and comfortable lift 25lbs.
- Must have a car and a valid driver's license for travel throughout the chapter territory.
- Must be available to work some evenings, weekends and extended hours for meetings and events.
Benefits: Business Casual Work Environment, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Eldercare Leave and more!
If applying by e-mail, please attach your resume and cover letter as Microsoft Word documents, or include both within the text of your e-mail message.
The Alzheimer's Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we'd love to hear from you!