To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tacoma, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Tool Gauge & Machine Works/Plastic Molded Products • Tacoma, WA
Posted 25 days ago
Experience - At least 3 year(s)
medical, dental, vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401k
Manufacturing, Other Great Industries
Strategy - Planning, Other
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TOOL GAUGE is located in Tacoma, WA. We are a leading aerospace manufacturing company founded in 1966 that produces metal and plastic parts and assemblies for the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced Cost Estimator with a solid technical background and knowledge of aerospace blueprints, finishes and heat treat processes.
The individual filling this position is responsible for initiating activities from both internal and external supply groups in order to complete estimates according to customers’ requirements and schedules.
- Develop timely, accurate and complete cost estimates including material costs, tooling and fixtures, outside processing and machine time for the production of machined parts of various sizes, alloys and assemblies that result in prices that will be submitted to customers in writing
- Obtain competitive pricing for materials and components needed for the quotation
- Research sources of materials and processes performed outside the company’s capabilities that are required for cost estimates
- Research and document all information that may be required to complete a customer quotation and/or manufacturing plan
- Effectively communicate with customer and supplier representatives, both verbally and in writing during the estimating process
- Develop manufacturing plans that are used to produce quality components
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance during the development of the manufacturing plan
- Assist production management during the implementation of new projects and the improvement of processes
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST BE
- Able to review and analyze blueprints, engineering drawings, parts lists, datasets, specifications, configuration control media and other data to determine manufacturing requirements including materials and labor
- Proficient in interpreting part drawings and electronic data sets, especially those related to aerospace parts and excellent shop math knowledge through trigonometry
- Very familiar with aerospace raw material specifications and types, finish/treatment and processes, and manufacturing/assembly best practices
- Familiar with heat treat, painting, and plating processes plus the ability to interpret technical specifications
- Able to professionally communicate with customer and supplier representatives to obtain manufacturing data, resolve problems, negotiate configuration changes (to aid manufacturing) and customer pricing
- Have experience with CNC machining on both mills and lathes (3-5 years). Welding fabrication experience in addition is desirable
- Experienced in the physical inspection of parts and processes plus complete knowledge of ISO 9001: 2000 / AS 9100 Standards
- Computer literate with experience in the use of MS Word, Excel
- Able to create bills of materials, obtain vendor quotes and make vendor selections
- Knowledgeable about outside processes, costs and supply base
- Able to prepare final quotes for customer presentation
- Excellent teaming skills, ability to interact with management and shop floor in a fast paced environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently with demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing best practices
- Must be analytical, well organized, honest, ethical, reliable, and have a good work ethic
We offer competitive compensation and benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401k and profit sharing. This is a non-union position.
Pre-employment drug screen required. You must be an US citizen or a legally authorized foreign worker.
Tool Gauge is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates should send their resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. All résumés will be reviewed for qualifications. You will be contacted if an interview will be scheduled.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.