To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
772 Edgewater Road
Bronx, NY 10474
- Doug Walton
- Phone: 7189914700
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Generalist
Katzman Produce, Inc. • Bronx, NY
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Human Resources Generalist:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for working closely with the Vice President, Human Resources to perform a variety of human resources activities. Key responsibilities in the following functional areas: time & attendance reporting and analytics, talent acquisition, onboarding/off-boarding, training, managing HR portal and dissemination of communications, payroll support for Controller, workers’ compensation, unemployment, disability and FMLA administration, non-exempt recruitment, employee relations, and policy interpretation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer and assist in development /implementation of time and attendance tracking. This includes training supervisors in use of system, streamlining reports and analytics for effective monitoring and accurately calculating time off accrual balances.
- Initiate development of new HR portal for employees including development of various functions, training, dissemination of Company communications, annual notice requirements to employees. Train employees in classes or 1:1 as required regarding functionality.
- Support Controller in processing payroll for employees; ensure accuracy and course correct when necessary to streamline the process and reduce discrepancies.
- Partner with supervisors for the performance management of employees with regards to attendance; ensure employees are held accountable to lateness and absentee policy outlined in Collective Bargaining Agreement; follow up with supervisors to execute disciplinary action such as suspensions or terminations when applicable.
- Coordinate employees’ worker’s compensation and disability benefits.
- Assist in recruitment effort; partner with recruiter to post non-exempt jobs, screen candidates, and organize/conduct interviews.
- Ensure new employees have a successful onboarding experience; process new hire paperwork.
- Assist employees in joining the Local Union once they have successfully gone through the probationary period.
- Coordinate non- unionized employees’ enrollment in benefits including health insurance, and retirement planning (401K).
- Maintain employees’ personnel files; secure relevant documents such as pay statements, disciplinary actions, and benefit information.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Handle employee inquiries regarding pay; ensure employees’ compensations guidelines are in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Execute employee termination process and communicate to appropriate partners.
- Process monthly statements to local union for pension, health and welfare of unionized employees; check invoices to ensure accuracy and reduce overpayment
- Participate in staff meetings and attends other meetings as needed.
- Serve as an internal consultant for supervisors and managers to help coach on policy interpretation, collective bargaining agreement, counseling, progressive discipline.
- Share accurate information, develop positive relationships and foster an “open door" culture where employees and partners are confident in seeking advice when making professional decisions. Make regular visits with employees in Operations as required.
- Support VP Human Resources on various projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years' HR Generalist experience
- Experience processing payroll and associated changes
- Benefits administration experience a plus
- 1+ year FMLA, STD and workers' compensation experience required
- Employee relations experience desired
- Operations in a union environment helpful
- Strong communications = verbal and written
- Superior organization and follow up skills
- Communicate at any level within organization
- BS Management or related field desired
- Training within human resources topics desired