To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Amory, MS 38821
- Alicia Ladnier
- Phone: 1 (662) 842-5500
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
HR & Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Plans and carries out policies and practices relating to all phases of human resources and environmental safety and health activity by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
● Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
● Maintains records of insurance coverage, hourly pension plan, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
● Prepares budget of human resources operations and analyzes monthly.
● Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
● Represents organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
● Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary personnel, environmental services, employee activities, and wellness programs.
● Acts as EEO Coordinator for the Plant. Maintains hiring and employment records for governmental reporting purposes.
● Plans and develops training related to safety, job specific, quality, teamwork, problem solving, etc. Coordinates training requirements with outside services and maintains records as required.
● Serves as internal ISO 14001 auditor.
● Environmental, Safety, and Health Manager for the Plant. Responsible for ESH functions listed below.
● Participates actively in the management of the facility to establish local policies and directions that achieve leadership in ESH.
● Reviews all activities to ensure compliance with all applicable governmental, corporate and management company ESH standards.
● Ensures that all applicable internal and external reporting requirements are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
● Plans and initiates all safety inspections and safety training.
● Establishes and maintains necessary contacts with ESH regulatory agencies and professional societies, to ensure the highest level of assistance and service.
● Maintains all required records in accordance with regulatory requirements
● Remains current in all applicable ESH standards.
Directly supervises one part time employee in the Human Resources department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Organization/Management or related field.
- Five + years of generalist Human Resources Management experience.
- Environmental Safety and Health experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be certified in First Aid and CPR.