To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
505 Hunt Club Road
Gurnee, IL 60031
- Phone: 847-855-1380
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Health Care - RN
Autumn Leaves • Gurnee, IL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are an RN with compassion, integrity, and love for the elderly…
AUTUMN LEAV ES OF GURNEE WANTS TO MEET YOU!
Summary: Provides nursing care for residents according to established standards and practices relating to basic nursing, restorative, and personal care services where quality assurance, resident safety, and infection control are inherent responsibilities of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to the scope of practice for their nursing licensure per state regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains a close working relationship with Executive Director to foster resident family support and resident welfare.
- Promotes the level of clinical expertise required of staff to provide safe, high quality nursing care.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Implements physicians orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment.
- Conducts inventory of all medical/nursing supplies and places monthly order for needed medical supplies.
- Coordinates efforts to enhance the service provided to the resident i.e. home health, hospice, physical therapy, psychiatric assessment, durable medical equipment and other services.
- Communicates changes of resident’s conditions, status, and questions/challenges with executive director.
- Observes residents for significant changes, adverse reactions, emesis, drainage, bleeding and communicable diseases. Ensure that resident’s needs are met or fulfilled.
- Monitors residents’ safety on a continuing basis, seeks assistance in emergencies, assists family members in times of stress or crisis, and performs established notification procedures during emergency situation.
- Ensures all nursing documentation is done upon admission including nursing notes, diet communication form, service plan, functional assessment, comprehensive assessment, skin assessment, MAR completion, individual medication profile, and ER packets.
- Sets priorities in implementing resident care, check resident scheduled physician appointments, needed diagnostic tests, etc.
- Provides training and monitors caregivers on proper technique of administering medication in states where RN delegation is permitted.
- Provides accurate and timely information regarding resident assessments and status to regional RN for HSS data collection.
Supervisory and Budgetary Responsibilities:
- This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
- This job supervises the Assistant Director of Health Care.
For a full list of duties, please visit our website: www.lasallegroup.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Completion of a Professional Nursing Program, approved by the state of which you are employed, and licensed to practice as a licensed or registered nurse.
- Experience in Memory Care preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license