To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chautauqua County, NY 14701
- Natalie Kress
- Phone: 716-636-0070
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Quality Engineer - Product Development
TxMQ, Inc. • Chautauqua County, NY
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Searching for a qualified Quality Engineer for a long term contract to permanent internal hire role. The Quality Engineer will become an integral Product Development team member within a reputable and growing manufacturing facility in Western NY.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE:
- This position will have ITAR / EAR Responsibilities
- Lead focus teams to help develop Advance Quality Planning ( APQP ) documentation such as DFMEA / PFMEA / Control Plans and Inspection Plans
- Manage customer quality relationships including customer concerns and response, customer quality measures and submission of PPAPs
- Analyze, report and facilitate corrective actions or improvements to attain / maintain favorable customer ratings regarding quality, delivery or other applicable requirements
- Act as a liaison between customers and appropriate Company focus team personnel. Attend and participate in daily focus team review meetings
- As required, travel to customer locations to represent the Company in the development of OEM products and programs.
- Provide engineering support for the Quality Assurance / Engineering functions as it relates to the planning evaluation of materials and processing of the company’s products.
- Develop quality specifications, instruction and procedures and monitor their effectiveness. Recommend corrective actions and continuous improvements
- Coordinate and maintain part process documentation (i.e. control plans, work / center sheets, etc.) as ECN’s and process changes occur or when clarification is needed.
- Develop and coordinate AQP functions for product / process changes (i.e. capability studies, gauging, etc.)
- Review customer and field returns and determine cause of failure
- Visit customer and supplier sites as needed to investigate and document product development concerns
- Coordinate and maintain PPAP documentation
- Review and evaluate internal non-conforming material, determine disposition and address causes
- Work with Purchasing on supplier issues, Lab on NCR’s and with manufacturing to resolve issues.
- Coach and direct manufacturing personnel.
- Requires a 4 year Engineering, math, statistics, quantitative methods focused degree.
- Must have extensive knowledge of TS16949 / APQP requirements with an emphasis on new product introduction and development
- Must have extensive project and time management skill sets with experience in leading focus teams to help develop documentation such as DFMEA / PFMEAs / Control Plans and inspection plans
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office Products, JD Edwards, MiniTab, gages, jibs is a plus
- Position requires compliance with the Technology Control Plan and the Federal Export Control Policy established for the Corporation.
- Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements of this position, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status)
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Hiring rate for this role will be based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions